Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Calibre to iPod/Stanza via Content Server

I have followed Calibre's faq info on how to connect Stanza on iPod to Calibre (over the air). But I'm having some problems.

The faq says:
Quote:
Now you should be able to access your books on your iPhone by opening Stanza. Go to “Get Books” and then click the “Shared” tab. Under Shared you will see an entry “Books in calibre”. If you don’t, make sure your iPad/iPhone is connected using the WiFi network in your house, not 3G. If the calibre catalog is still not detected in Stanza, you can add it manually in Stanza. To do this, click the “Shared” tab, then click the “Edit” button and then click “Add book source” to add a new book source.
I don't have "Books in calibre" so I tried adding manually as per above. But when I click "Shared" tab, there is no "Edit" button as the faq indicates. I do have a good wifi connection.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
tjung
tjung began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Content Server Problems

I have had problem with the last few versions of Calibre and the content server and Stanza. The problem is that more often than not Stanza does not see the Calibre server on the local LAN. I can connect just fine with the web side and never have a problem with that. When I or my wife try and use our iPhones with Stanza to download books it often simply never connects. I have upped the timeout in Stanza to 2 minutes. I also have the server set to autostart when Calibre starts. So it isn't an issue of it not running or it timing-out on me.

More often than not I have to open and close Calibre 4+ times before Stanza will finally connect. It does actually connect so the setup is correct the problem is that it doesn't do it reliably.

I am running Window 7 64-Bit with all the latest Windows updates. I am using Calibre 0.7.44 I am running the latest version of Stanza v3.0.3 for the iPhone. I am running iOS 4.2.1 on the iPhone 4. As far as I can tell I am running the latest most up to date version of all the software I am using in this chain.

Any ideas why this might be an issue or how to resolve it would appreciated. I would be more than happy to run it in debug mode when I am having this problem if you just tell me what info from the debug you need to help track this down if it is a problem with Calibre.

Last edited by tjung; 02-08-2011 at 12:29 AM.
tjung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
eugenemcardle
eugenemcardle began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I have used Calibre with Stanza consistently, without any problems. If the Calibre server is running and your iPod is on the same wifi network, leave all settings as default, and the Calibre library should be detected automatically. I have done this at least on at least 5 PC's and it is fool proof. The book/s, covers, and comments etc are all transfered seamlesly.

10 mins later.
I have just tried again on my mini Asus PC, and it connected without any problem.
I have tried in with XP, Vista, Win 7 32 & 64 bit all with perfect results. Maybe you have a firewall problem?

Last edited by eugenemcardle; 02-12-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Tried again on new PC
eugenemcardle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
vsalvaggio
Zealot
vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vsalvaggio ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
I just had a problem the other day...ipad worked fine, ipod touch not so much. A restart of the ipod touch solved the problem.

Good luck!
vsalvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
tjung
tjung began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsalvaggio View Post
I just had a problem the other day...ipad worked fine, ipod touch not so much. A restart of the ipod touch solved the problem.

Good luck!
I will have to remember that for next time. I know I have seen several apps in the App Store say if your having a problem with the app to reboot your phone. I rarely have problems with my iPhone so it never crossed my mind to reboot the phone until you said that. I will try and that in the future and let you know if it solves the problem. Thanks.
tjung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert