Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #46
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
<new guy jumping in with both feet>

This is a big deal. Unfortunately, English does not have the depth and breath of Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. The conventions used to translate the Scripture into English have become very standard over the years.

I went and checked my YouVersion iPod touch app which links to an online version of the NIV and it is correct.

I have been considering downloading one of the stand alone NIV apps. Does anyone have any experience with them and can you verify whether or not this issue shows up in any or all of them?
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #47
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinifan View Post
<new guy jumping in with both feet>

This is a big deal. Unfortunately, English does not have the depth and breath of Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. The conventions used to translate the Scripture into English have become very standard over the years.

I went and checked my YouVersion iPod touch app which links to an online version of the NIV and it is correct.

I have been considering downloading one of the stand alone NIV apps. Does anyone have any experience with them and can you verify whether or not this issue shows up in any or all of them?
When it come to online versions of the NIV bible, it seems to be in good shape. I have never come across a problem with biblegateway, crosswalk, and etc.

I am not familiar with ipod apps. I am not sure you will be able to check out the source easily, but I would try. Right now, this seems to just be an ebook issue. From what I can tell, their text parser just didn't get it right. Simple fix if that's all it is. No idea where the app would get the NIV bible from though.
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bible, navigation, niv, problems, wrong