Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Software Update 5.3.9 (SAFE FOR JB)

Has just appeared:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...ndle_5.3.9.bin

http://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindl...7120010.tar.gz
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Installed Jailbreak Bridge.

Installed updater...

TESTED AS SAFE

Hide Reading Progress Option
Quote:
While reading, tap the bottom left of the screen to switch between four reading progress options, including Location in book, Time left in chapter, Time left in book, and None, which hides your reading progress from the bottom of the screen. To learn more, go to View Your Reading Progress.
Finally.

I may take down my junk now then.

Last edited by twobob; 11-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Assuming that one will need to reload the normal cast of characters...Dev Certs, Kindlet JB, Rescue Pack, and hacks... has anyone done this update and had any other problems?

@twobob- perhaps you've finally shamed lab126 into doing something useful....nawwwwww, I crack myself up!

Last edited by GoSharks; 11-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll have a quick go now. Wish me luck.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'll have a quick go now. Wish me luck.
Good luck, otherwise we need to find and buy you a 5.3.7 PW

Last edited by thomass; 11-07-2013 at 07:37 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
twobob

heh. I'm making what preparations I can. trying to play it safe.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
twobob

Installed updater...

TESTED AS SAFE

ORIGINAL PISSED-OFF COMMENTS BELOW.
Spoiler:
it's running now. *goes to get tea*

EDIT: Hmm.. looks like they nerfed us. Nice of them

Would NOT recommend anyone install this.

Last edited by twobob; 11-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
I could be wrong, but I don't call them upgrades when the main things they accomplish are to put chewing gum over all the holes that allow the magic created here to work. I just found out that I never made it any further than 5.3.3 after the last "upgrade" experience. Wi-Fi is on... block being tested... fingers crossed
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
twobob

Installed updater...

TESTED AS SAFE

ORIGINAL RESPONSE BELOW. (I still feel like this by the way)
Spoiler:
Well. They just lost a customer.

Bye Bye amazon. You have upset me for the last time.

*Waves*

and for the record, me and my buddies put several thousand pounds thru your company this year alone. Which may seem like small potatoes to you... but, I assure you not one penny will be coming your way from now on.

Reap - Sow.

Last edited by twobob; 11-07-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

*Waves*
Really?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Dammit why do they even care!!! How many people actually have the skills to even jailbreak. much less install 3rd party programs. Are you guys really done with amazon though? :-(
chr1st0ph3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
twobob

Installed updater...

TESTED AS SAFE

ORIGINAL POINTS BELOW: (which I will still honour)
Spoiler:
I will serve out my tenure here.

Not gonna abandon those who were kind enough to use the applications I have provided.

but not one penny of my personal money will be hitting amazons coffers ever again.
I'm not even certain that what they are doing is legal in Germany....

I saw no mention of this in their press release. But I digress and IANAL.

either way. I tire of this,

Advertising revenue was being lost thru ad blocking, we put a stop to that.

Tethering was hurting their data bills, we put a stop to that.

There was the possibility of rooting a device remotely and running dangerous code,
we put a stop to that.

I could go on. They should figure out which side their bread is buttered.

Anyways. I'm done with that company.

Last edited by twobob; 11-07-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
thomass
Wizard

Next jailbreak should be stay closed-source if it is found in the future; otherwise we keep waiting for a patch on each update. Source could be shared among some trusted members but not publicly. "Trusted members" could mean members who have considerable contribution into hacks. (ie not me )

Last edited by thomass; 11-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:

*Waves*

and for the record, me and my buddies put several thousand pounds thru your company this year alone. Which may seem like small potatoes to you... but, I assure you not one penny will be coming your way from now on.

Reap - Sow.
I assume this means 5.3.9 breaks the jailbreak?! I seriously hate these guys....

@twobob- did they also kill the USE_ALT_FONTS?

Last edited by GoSharks; 11-07-2013 at 08:49 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #15
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
just turned off my wifi. Any other solutions other than smashing it with a hammer.
chr1st0ph3rc is offline   Reply With Quote