Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
A second reply specifically for this: Look at the person like they have lost their mind and ask, "You're STILL on Facebook?"
Brilliant!

I too have no Facebook, no Twitter, and I guess we should start a club and get t-shirts. Maybe start a Facebook page....oh, wait!

ApK
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #17
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
It doesn't? Methinks it has teeth like your avatar! Seriously, I had a look today at registration page. Cannot bring myself to do it.
Teeth? Those ones on my avatar are not teeth.. No sir.. They are... Pieces of candy! Yes sir, candy! You must go and try some!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #18
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Or shall I be a rude pre-facebook dinosaur and ignore those invitations?
Be strong! You can't let down your fellow uninfected wilderness wandering stragglers! Don't give in to the pressure, you can do it, I have confidence in you!
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #19
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I too have no Facebook, no Twitter, and I guess we should start a club and get t-shirts. Maybe start a Facebook page....oh, wait!
Or we could all join "The Anti-Facebook League of Intelligentsia".
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Or we could all join "The Anti-Facebook League of Intelligentsia".
Oh, you mean TAFLOI ? Actually, that's quite pronouncable!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #21
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Chi Cygni: DON'T DO IT!!!!. Do not join Facecrack or I will have to delete you as a friend on MR......Shutka.....Joking.... but... Honestly. I detest Social networking and Twitter....IF people want to join it fine. However, I have family and friends send me emails all the time that I happily delete and have no qualms about missing out on who cooked a Goulash on Thursday night and who threw up beans and piroshki the next morning. email, phone, SMS, isn't that enough? Sorry, Also MR. As one poster said on an anti-facecrack article...IF you cannot email me, or phone me then &*)& off!

I have enough imaginary friends as is on the net do i need 200 more...and don't get me started on long lost nostalgia friends B.S.... The last people on Earth I want to see are ones that I have not seen for 35 years.... and I hope they do not want to see me.

будит шот бутит
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #22
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
So there. I gave in. Created it. Hidari, don't you dare to delete me or I come over in my kimono, or else!

I had (note past tense) 1 friend on it. And after I created the account I realised it was true what I suspected all along. I ABSOLUTELY FRIGGING HATE IT! I looked at what my best friend was up to and I felt I was a Peeping Tom of sorts. And the mere idea of posting my details (why for Goodness sake? Am I that interesting????) is creeping me out beyond words.
Exactly, they may make the effort to call. Or email. I don't need to look them up. GAH x 1000!

Account deactivated. Had it for 4 days, used for 1. Now, where do I sign for TAFLOI? Where's mah t-shirt?
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #23
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Now, where do I sign for TAFLOI? Where's mah t-shirt?
I dissent! Only those truly pure of Facebook's corrupting influence should be allowed to join!
twowheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
steven522
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I dissent! Only those truly pure of Facebook's corrupting influence should be allowed to join!
Seconded. Once you've succumbed, forever shall you carry the taint.

"Shuuuuunnnnnn.... shuuuuuunnnn!!!"
Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Perhaps it should be looked at as research? Chi Cygni was simply doing some reconnaissance. It was a very dirty job but someone had to do it.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
steven522

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
Perhaps it should be looked at as research?
Valid point. Chi, did anyone "poke" you?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #27
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Well, there's the orthodox TAFLOI, and the reformed TAFLOI.....
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
and the orthodox usually threaten the reformed with clubs made of tough alloys
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #29
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
*rocking back and forth in a dark corner*

Quote:
Seconded. Once you've succumbed, forever shall you carry the taint.

"Shuuuuunnnnnn.... shuuuuuunnnn!!!"
*rocking even more*

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
Perhaps it should be looked at as research? Chi Cygni was simply doing some reconnaissance. It was a very dirty job but someone had to do it.
thank you m'dear *sniff*

Quote:
Valid point. Chi, did anyone "poke" you?
nobody stood a chance. I only looked at it for one evening.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #30
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
*pat* *pat* ssshhh everything's fine again Chi...
Just don't eat those anti-privacy cookies again.
Come we shall find you a comforting firewall blanket. That helps.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote