Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Problems using the reader to buy books

First problem: While trying to buy a book using the wireless connection on the reader I keep getting an error page every time I try to use the back arrow. That is, I look at the book description and try to go back a page to the list of books from the author I searched for and get the message "oops. Server trouble".

I then have to reload the storefront and run my search again to get back to the list of books I was looking at. I will email Kobo customer care but I was wondering if anyone here might have some advice?

Second problem: I finally found the book I wanted and clicked buy now. I briefly got a message saying there was a problem with my payment but then a new screen appeared with the download button. I downloaded the book and everything was OK. This afternoon I realised that I didn't have the usual confirmation of purchase email from Kobo so I looked at my account online and I still have plenty store credit and the book I downloaded last night is in my library but doesn't show as a purchased book. I've checked and it is not a free book but no payment has been taken.

OK, I realise that some might not tag this a problem but it could it have something to do with the server error I'm getting above? Should I buy all my books via the reader so they are free of charge?
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Redsgj
Redsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
While trying to buy a book using the wireless connection on the reader I keep getting an error page every time I try to use the back arrow. That is, I look at the book description and try to go back a page to the list of books from the author I searched for and get the message "oops. Server trouble".

I then have to reload the storefront and run my search again to get back to the list of books I was looking at. I will email Kobo customer care but I was wondering if anyone here might have some advice?
I found this post from a couple of months ago. No one answered then but I am having the exact same problem now with my new Kobo Touch. Any ideas?

Did you get any help from Kobo witty username?
Redsgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
dawn69
dawn69 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
I've had the same problem with my touch ever since I bought it.....its bloody annoying.
dawn69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Me too, a mess. I only buy from the website now.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Redsgj
Redsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it isRedsgj knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Touch
Thanks for the replies! I will stick to looking for books on the website I guess. Maybe it will be fixed in a future firmware release.
Redsgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Knotmom
Knotmom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi,
I've had this problem since Saturday, just got off the phone with Kobo help and they got me to do a soft reset ( pin in the hole in the back.)
Fixed it! I have Internet Explorer, which the store doesn't like me buying through, so the Kobo is my only option for buying, glad to have it back. Hope this helps someone.
P.S. Took a minute or more to reset holding the button in.
Knotmom is offline   Reply With Quote