Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-20-2006, 11:39 AM   #31
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Rosetta seems to control a lot of the available 'new' content out there. They'd be the ones who'd have to fix their stuff ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #32
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv
Does Fictionwise _create_ the e-version? If so, it seems to me they could indeed make corrections. That would be one of the nice things about ebooks for publishers (re-publishers).
I don't know where they get their electronic versions.

For books that no longer have authors (like the Robert E. Howard stuff I am reading now), I would assume that they had someone scan it in. Many of the errors that I see can best be described as OCR errors (i.e. "U" instead of an "LI").
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #33
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Submission info on Fictionwise's site suggests that they want books sent to them in "ready-to-convert" RTF files, which they do not edit or check... they expect that to be taken care of by the author before submittal.

(I was looking into submitting my work to them, but they do not seem to want books that have not already been printed. I'm considering arguing the point with them...)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:21 PM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan
Submission info on Fictionwise's site suggests that they want books sent to them in "ready-to-convert" RTF files, which they do not edit or check... they expect that to be taken care of by the author before submittal.

(I was looking into submitting my work to them, but they do not seem to want books that have not already been printed. I'm considering arguing the point with them...)
Steve! Forgive my curiosity but I'd like to know what you read or how much you can read in a week, and if it can affect your writing in a way or an other? I find the dance of words fascinating and I'd love to write but my grammar is not very good. Do you find yourself sometimes going back to basics? I promise that when I get the Sony reader, if it legally gets to Canada that is, I'll read your books...

On an other note...I've finished the second in the Cyteen saga and I'm halfway in the third, it's getting harder to put it down and go to sleep. C J Cherryh is a fantastic and very intelligent writer. Her mastery of social relations and human psyche is uncanny and she gets everything well connected to her stories. It is funny how her story style is called scifi when everything she tells could pretty well be in this world. I srongly recommend her.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #35
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Just started reading Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb, first book of the Soldier Son Trilogy. It's my first purchase from Sony Connect. Reviews on Amazon don't look too bright, but I am giving Hobb a chance, because she is a master for deft description and characterizations.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert