Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
AllThingsD: Apple Confirms iOS 5 Bugs Causing Battery Issues for Some iPhones

http://allthingsd.com/20111102/apple...attery-issues/

Quote:
“A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices,” Apple said in a statement to AllThingsD. “We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.”
Curious as to what was causing the issue, and why not everyone was affected.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
When I updated, my battery was depleting really rapidly. It seemed odd, and when I checked, my bluetooth had been switched on by default (I *never* use bluetooth for anything). I turned it off and all was good. Interestingly only a couple of other people said their bluetooth had switched on. On a second upgrade (after I had gone down to 4.1) this very same thing didn't happen. Irt was a random occurrence. weird, or what.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 01:37 AM   #3
eugeneL
eugeneL began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've read some articles regarding this topic, please allow me to share it here. The iPhone 4S sold numerous units on pre-orders and will continue to sell quickly. As with all brand new products, however, the 4S is facing a few bugs and bumps in the road. Some are pointing to possible coding bugs in iPhone 4S apps that could be draining the battery easily and completely. Resource for this article: Apps on iPhone 4S could be worsening battery drain.
eugeneL is offline   Reply With Quote