Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Pad & Quill Case for K3

Just ran across this new case for Kindle 3 (as well as iPad, nook, iPod Touch and few others). It sells for $44.99. If I were and iPad owner, I'd probably be all over this case but I really like my lighted K3 cover from Amazon.

The Case for Kindle 3

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
If I just hadn't spent a fortune on Oberon; this would be my candidate-Kindle-dress-up.
Very nice and sophisticated.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Very nice, indeed. However, I would be hesitant to fold the front cover back but I would not care to hold it like a book either (as in the photo). It seems a little bit bulky to me.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
This case is very nice looking, but, like desertblues, the Oberon will remain my cover of choice -no money left for another one, anyway.

@Skydog - I agree that this cover does not look as if it is made to be folded back - after all, you wouldn't fold back the cover of a hard back or paperback book (or, at least, that isn't something I would do) - but the gallery shows some pictures of their covers being folded back. The covers do not fold back flat, so it looks as if it might be a bit awkward to hold, but perhaps not - http://www.padandquill.com/gallery.html

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is video of the iPad version in use.

Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Looks good but I spent my pennies at M-Edge, no more left !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
The page turn buttons look a little difficult to get to as well.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
I've just ordered one of these. It looks like it will serve my purposes perfectly as a "shell" for the Kindle while I'm out and about, and since I like to hold the Kindle naked as I read, it looks simple to just pop out as well. Doesn't seem like I'd need to move any straps or pop the hinge.

Sort of seems like it would be neat camouflage as well, doesn't it? I bet someone would be much less likely to steal my plain black "book" than they would be to steal my shiny new K3. I should put some sticker on the front that says, maybe, "grocery coupons". Something that nobody would ever care to look at ... any suggestions? Lol
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
I've just ordered one of these. It looks like it will serve my purposes perfectly as a "shell" for the Kindle while I'm out and about, and since I like to hold the Kindle naked as I read, it looks simple to just pop out as well. Doesn't seem like I'd need to move any straps or pop the hinge.

Sort of seems like it would be neat camouflage as well, doesn't it? I bet someone would be much less likely to steal my plain black "book" than they would be to steal my shiny new K3. I should put some sticker on the front that says, maybe, "grocery coupons". Something that nobody would ever care to look at ... any suggestions? Lol
Please let us know how you like it!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #10
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Please let us know how you like it!
Will do!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
Exer
I see Russia!

I've just reviewed this case. Full writeup here in the Kindle forum =)