Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Way to add additional information with Calibre?

Hello, one and all.

So, I've found that as my ebook collection has grown, particularly with the free books that keep popping up , I have a lot of books on my reader that I usually can't remember what they are about...and really, really wish that they had the back covers on them.

So I thought there might be a way to add my own back cover type of a page using Calibre or something so that when I go to start a new book I have an idea of what the books are about.

I tried adding comments under the metadata, but when the book is on the reader they don't show up anywhere. Is there a way to add a page or info so that I can add my own book blurbs?

Thanks!
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
With the latest release of Calibre (0.6.2), you can use the option "insert metadata as page at start of book" in the "structure detection" tab of the ePub conversion options, to generate a "book jacket" which will include, among other things, the text you typed in the "Comments" field of the ebook metadata.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 7_28_2009 , 12_42_28.png
Views:	467
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	33098

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 7_28_2009 , 12_41_41.png
Views:	435
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	33097

Hope this helps,
David.

Last edited by dpierron; 07-28-2009 at 06:43 AM. Reason: added screenshots
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Aha! That worked beautifully and gave me just what I wanted.

Thanks a bunch!
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of

Oh I want this feature sooooo bad!

But Calibre 0.6 installs all "wonky" on my computer. The fonts in the program are almost unreadable. I don't have the same problem with 0.5, and I keep hoping someone else (who is more tech savvy) has it happen to them so I can upgrade to 0.6.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
artemisblossom
Groupie
artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.artemisblossom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony prs505
I just came upon this post and it is exactly what I was looking for. I upgraded calibre to the latest version and i was able to add the info to the books. I have lots of books on my reader and on memory cards.............is there a way I add updated info to the books already on the reader? or does this feature only work with new books i want to add?
artemisblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
nightslide
nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!nightslide , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Wow, thanks for this info. I'm new at this, but have lots of books (different formats), and wondering if there's a way to get Calibre to add the 'cover' page to my existing books as well? Thanks very much for your help!

d
nightslide is offline   Reply With Quote