Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 05:50 AM   #1
berrani
berrani began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony PRS-505 default fonts

Hi to all from Italy, this is my first post

I'm using for the first time Calibre (thanks very much for this great software, Kovid ), but I cannot understand how, converting to lrf, one can force the using of the 3 Sony default fonts.

Last edited by berrani; 04-04-2009 at 05:52 AM. Reason: typing error
berrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it will use the default fonts, unless you specify an embedded font. Note that the calibre LRF viewer does not use the SONY default fonts, however, when viewed on the device, the default fonts are used.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
berrani

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
it will use the default fonts, unless you specify an embedded font...

Thanks for the reply!
I know that Sony reader has three kind of fonts: how can I know what kind of fonts the reader will be use when I'm converting "lrf" with no embedded fonts?

Old 04-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the fonts are serif, sans serif and monospace. Depending on what family your source documen specifies, the corresponding family will be used on the reader.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
berrani

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
the fonts are serif, sans serif and monospace. Depending on what family your source documen specifies, the corresponding family will be used on the reader.
Ok, thanks very much
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
berrani

I have a "rtf" ebook with arial font (that is sans-serif) body. I convert it to lrf with default calibre setting, but the final document in the Sony readear uses the serif font: why it doesn't use sans-serif? What's worng?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

conversion from RTF is a little dicey, try converting it to html first