Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #136
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Amazon will accept coins for Calibre Companion, though, so if you haven't tried it, now might be a good time.
Especially if you like to carry a large library with you this is a great investment and recently Chaley has added some features to make it more "Fire friendly" for folks who use Amazon formats.

I use it on my HDX 8.9, but use ePub (with Moon+ Pro and Mantano) instead of Amazon formats. It allows me to carry my full library and to be able to interact with it in a meaningful way using Calibre's metadata (tages, series info, etc) without the device slowing down due to numbers of books.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #137
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
The coins for visiting the children's summer reading thing is now listed on the site. I saw two banners for it on the right side of the Appstore page when I clicked on the free app of the day link. The link still requires logging in, so I'm not going to link it direct, but it was showing up very clearly now.

If you didn't get an E-mail, now's the time to grab them!
Advert
Old 05-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #138
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Open up the page for any android app/game that isn't free - your balance is listed in the buy box.
Did that change or am I blind? I can't find the balance anywhere. I only have those promo coins, though, maybe that's the reason?
Old 05-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #139
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
Did that change or am I blind? I can't find the balance anywhere. I only have those promo coins, though, maybe that's the reason?
Nope, it's still working for me, just checked on this. It shows the option to buy with cash, below that with coins, and below the coins option in small black text it lists my total coins balance.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #140
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
You can get $10 appstore credit for buying some gift cards from Amazon. I bought a gift card last night but the credit didn't show up until the gift card shipped so I thought it didn't work. The credit expires on July 15.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=gc_slp_t...d_i=2238192011
Advert
Old 05-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #141
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Nope, it's still working for me, just checked on this. It shows the option to buy with cash, below that with coins, and below the coins option in small black text it lists my total coins balance.
Hm. Bad example - I cannot buy this because of region lock.
With other apps that would cost money, all I get is the one-click option.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #142
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberman tM View Post
Hm. Bad example - I cannot buy this because of region lock.
With other apps that would cost money, all I get is the one-click option.
If you'll give me an example link of one you can see a price on, I'll see if it shows me the coin option or not.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:07 AM   #143
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just got a $5.00 appstore credit by buying this free pc download game available only to those in the US - Big Kahuna Reef. I didn't download the game and still got the credit.

There are a bunch of Appstore credit and free coin deals at the fire TV news site. There is also a $10.00 appstore credit I posted earlier for buying gift cards here too.

I now have 3160 coins and $15.00 in appstore credit!

Last edited by Purple Lady; 05-25-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:25 AM   #144
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just got a $5.00 appstore credit by buying this free pc download game available only to those in the US - Big Kahuna Reef. I didn't download the game and still got the credit.
I get a message that the item is currently unavailable (this may be because I already "own" it from when it was a freebie in the past).

Anyway, here's a referral free link...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001K7HV3Q

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-25-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:36 AM   #145
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I get a message that the item is currently unavailable (this may be because I already "own" it from when it was a freebie in the past).

Anyway, here's a referral free link...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001K7HV3Q
It's showing up as unavailable for me too. The fire tv news site has a few games for $1.00 to get the credit for, but it doesn't say you get a credit. I grabbed the free one right after they posted it, and they also had a $.01 one that's unavailable now too.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #146
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Buying this free game netted me the $5 appstore credit:
To get an additional $3 appstore credit, follow these two steps:
Old 05-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #147
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

There are a bunch of Appstore credit and free coin deals at the fire TV news site. There is also a $10.00 appstore credit I posted earlier for buying gift cards here too.

I now have 3160 coins and $15.00 in appstore credit!
Thanks for the link to the Fire TV News site. Great list of offers. Be sure and get promo 2 on their list (that's the offer I just posted above) for an additional $3 appstore credit.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #148
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for the link to the Fire TV News site. Great list of offers. Be sure and get promo 2 on their list (that's the offer I just posted above) for an additional $3 appstore credit.
I had done the one to get mp3 credit, but it took hours to show up. I just did the one to get appstore credit and I got the email, but it still hasn't shown up in my account.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 05-25-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #149
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
I had done the one to get mp3 credit, but it took hours to show up. I just did the one to get appstore credit and I got the email, but it still hasn't shown up in my account.
Same here, E-mail says I got the credit but only $5 showing up from the videogame one.

Thanks for the heads-up tubemonkey!
Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 AM   #150
huangjs
huangjs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia Z2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
You beat me

I'm being smothered in coins

BTW - for those who'd like to "repurchase" apps to get the coins
Cool.

So can I
1. buy a free app and earn amazon coins
2. delete the free app (will this step canceled the earned coins)
3. return to 1, buy and earn coins.

It that possible?
Closed Thread