Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Avoiding ads in Angry Birds

Folks

I must admit to a certain addiction to the Angry Birds game. It's deceptively simple and yet quite complex. But that aside I despise ads. I've done my best to eliminate advertising in my world. I don't own a TV and don't listen to commercial AM/FM radio. I block many ads when browsing the Internet.

I accidentally came across the following solution to avoiding the ads in the upper right hand corner of Angry Birds. It's quite complex.

Turn off your WiFi. And no more ads.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Or spend $1, no more ads. It's certainly not expensive.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Or avoid Angry Birds!

Seriously, there are lots of "free" apps that bombard you with ads if you have WiFi on, so KEEP IT OFF unless you're actually using it. Not only is it an ad magnet, it's a battery hog.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
MegaSilver
MegaSilver began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Seriously, there are lots of "free" apps that bombard you with ads if you have WiFi on, so KEEP IT OFF unless you're actually using it. Not only is it an ad magnet, it's a battery hog.
I tried doing that, but then I run into SOD issues
MegaSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Or spend $1, no more ads. It's certainly not expensive.
You're right. I should do that. But I'm not sure how to. I'll have to poke about.

Actually I'd be happy to send them $10 via PayPal.
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Ah angry birds....the crack cocaine of games!
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist

Renee, you're right. A while back I had to use a sledge hammer to break up a standard porcelain toilet so it would be easier to haul to the dumpster. Well, I should've put it on a tarp so it would've been easier to pick up the small pieces. But it felt good to destroy that toilet and smash it into smaller and smaller pieces. Much smaller than required to haul it to the dumpster.

Same process with Angry Birds.