Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-28-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Malakke
Malakke is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Touch
Confirmed: Landscape mode and select language for KT

Hello guys. Well, Amazon has confirmed will be a new firmware for the Kindle Touch with landscape mode and selection of language. They have replied by email my question:

"Estimado Miguel Angel:

En respuesta a tu consulta, te informo de que próximamente podrás descargarte a través de la conexión a una red wifi la actualización del software para Kindle Touch. Esta actualización incluirá nuevas funcionalidades como la opción idioma y la rotación de pantalla.

Recuerda que puedes descargarte las últimas versiones del software en nuestras páginas de ayuda, en el enlace:

www.amazon.es/softwarekindle

Además de que si podrás registrar el Kindle en Amazon.es, y adquirir contenido sin ningún problema.

Gracias por tu interés en Kindle.

Si deseas ponerte en contacto con nosotros para otra consulta, por favor visita la sección Ayuda de nuestro sitio web: http://www.amazon.es/ayudakindle

Un atento saludo,

Esteban M."
Malakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
lebod
lebod began at the beginning.

Soon... whatever that means.

I guess it'll happen in time for the launch in europe.
lebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Xzwatz
Xzwatz began at the beginning.

Well, i already had my touch in spanish with Locale Hack... Landscape mode isn't something i have ever tried, but there is a hack for that too...

I would love to be able of organizing collections in several levels (I mean collections within collections); that would be great!!!

Saludos Miguel Angel!!!
Xzwatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Malakke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzwatz View Post
Well, i already had my touch in spanish with Locale Hack... Landscape mode isn't something i have ever tried, but there is a hack for that too...

I would love to be able of organizing collections in several levels (I mean collections within collections); that would be great!!!

Saludos Miguel Angel!!!
Well, i think that upgrade is more difficult. No one of Kindle have that organization... It's a weak point of Kindle against others ebooks.

Salu2
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Will it be possible to update our USA kindles with the new european firmware?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Will highlights go across pages again? Until that is fixed, Im withholding...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Will my lottery numbers be correct next time?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
Vekta
Vekta began at the beginning.

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this? I also e-mailed amazon and just got default response

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for writing about Landscape mode on Kindle Touch.

We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this feature.

The Kindle Team will carefully review your suggestions.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vekta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
We know that there will be new KT firmware for the European launch on 27th April. Let's wait and see what happens then.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #10
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekta View Post
Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this? I also e-mailed amazon and just got default response
There are similar responses on this page
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
According to the Kindle Touch page on european amazon shops, KT will have landscape mode and language selection!

Quote:
Rotate Between Portrait and Landscape Mode
Switch between portrait and landscape orientation to read maps, graphs and tables more easily.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Touch...pf_rd_i=468294
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
Malakke

Apparently I'm not terribly persuasive .... Anyway, I come to chat with an Amazon agent that literally said:
"Is going to launch a software update to Kindle Touch, changing the language and other functions, but i do not have a specific date and time, and i'm only can confirm that will be available."