Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
jsuplido
@jsuplido
jsuplido began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, PRS-300
OSX: Print direct to the Reader!

From Status-Q: "Fortunately, Kovid Goyal came to my rescue with a system called librs500. He’s reverse-engineered the Sony protocols and created a Python-based library and utilities that can transfer files to and from the PRS. Sony owe him some money - the profit from my purchase, at the very least! You need to install a few bits, like Python 2.5, to use libprs500 - the easiest way is probably to use MacPorts. Once you’ve got libprs500 installed, though, you can start to do fun things."
jsuplido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
acantha
acantha began at the beginning.

now if someone could get this working for rtfs instead of pdfs i'd be one happy monkey.
acantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
kb7rjf
kb7rjf began at the beginning.

I have used this, and it let me copy files. I don't remember it caring what kind of files I copied. My only issue is that I (foolishly) upgraded the firmware on the prs500, and now I can't get outside of the /data directory tree on teh main unit; but I can still get to the SD card. Most of the files on my prs500 are in RTF format. I still need to clean up the xml file metadata, and try building collections.
kb7rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 PM   #4
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Pielrf For OSX

You can also use my new program pielrf which I developed in Python, and have tested it on OSX. It's still in beta, so I haven't made an "official" announcement, but I have a thread started for the beta in the Developer's section. It uses pylrs, which is what libprs500 is based on.

It supports Curly Quotes, Paragraph Flow and easy Table of Content creation.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10608

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote