Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color, nook, Sony PRS-700
Hard to find (or nonexistent) ebooks

I just finished the Demon Wars (and Demon Wars II) series by R.A. Salvatore and was looking to get The Highwayman to "continue" the story. Load up BN on my nook and couldn't find it. Performed a search and found that no one sells this ebook anywhere. It's strange since the other books such as The Ancient, The Dame and even The Bear is available.

My question is:
1. Does anyone know why since they are all published by one company?
2. What resources are there for hard to find ebooks?

TIA!
kilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Well, there's inkmesh, but a quick search didn't display it.

The author's webpage has two sample chapters, but no link to either the book for sale nor an ebook. You might try emailing the author, actually, to get good information.

Last edited by capidamonte; 08-10-2010 at 05:40 PM.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that a lot of series are incomplete for some odd reason. And because of that, before starting a series, check if ALL the books are eBook in the series before buying any of them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
It's a lot of work, but you could always find the p-book and scan it to OCR, then edit it.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Looks to me like I could find everything but the Saga of the First King on the dark net.

Saga of the First King
* The Highwayman (2004)
* The Ancient (2008)
* The Dame (2009)
* The Bear (2010)
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
kilmar
Connoisseur
kilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enoughkilmar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Looks to me like I could find everything but the Saga of the First King on the dark net.

Saga of the First King
* The Highwayman (2004)
* The Ancient (2008)
* The Dame (2009)
* The Bear (2010)
Not that I'd get it from there... but I can't find it on the dark net either. I'd rather pay for the series but not having Book I in the series to complete the ebook collection really kills me.

Last edited by kilmar; 08-11-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Not available? So likely a MacMillan book, presumably?

You may as well scan them, as the chance they appear is about zero, if that is the case.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
kilmar
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Not available? So likely a MacMillan book, presumably?

You may as well scan them, as the chance they appear is about zero, if that is the case.
Wow, I didn't know about MacMillan. It's published by Tor, so yes, MacMillan. What a bummer.Just searched for MacMillan and ebook and read about the draconian measures they have taken to hike the prices of ebooks.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
Andyp133
Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Andyp133 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PRS 505, PRS 350, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar View Post
I just finished the Demon Wars (and Demon Wars II) series by R.A. Salvatore and was looking to get The Highwayman to "continue" the story. Load up BN on my nook and couldn't find it. Performed a search and found that no one sells this ebook anywhere. It's strange since the other books such as The Ancient, The Dame and even The Bear is available.

My question is:
1. Does anyone know why since they are all published by one company?
2. What resources are there for hard to find ebooks?

TIA!
My favourite site to search for ebooks is addall.com. Doesn't sound very bookish but it is really good. On a downer it hasn't found your wanted book anywhere but in general it finds anything available and put them in price order (or hopefully free)
Andyp133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmar View Post
Wow, I didn't know about MacMillan. It's published by Tor, so yes, MacMillan. What a bummer.Just searched for MacMillan and ebook and read about the draconian measures they have taken to hike the prices of ebooks.
Yep. They also don't bother to publish large numbers of their books at all.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote