Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Editing the OPF

I can open the Sigil Epub using WinRAR and display all content. I can then open the OPF in my editor.

As an experiment, I have tried to change the cover image. I save the changed OPF and WinRAR asks if I wish to update the OPF. I click on "YES" and then WinRAR reports a corrupt file and makes no change to the OPF.

There must be something I'm missing or doing wrong. What's the secret?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I have this same issue using Gnome's File-Roller archive application. Change the extension from .epub to .zip. Make your changes then change the extension back to .epub. For some reason it doesn't fully understand that it's a zip file and needs to be told. Hopefully, this is the same issue with WinRAR and this fixes it for you.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I have this same issue using Gnome's File-Roller archive application. Change the extension from .epub to .zip. Make your changes then change the extension back to .epub. For some reason it doesn't fully understand that it's a zip file and needs to be told. Hopefully, this is the same issue with WinRAR and this fixes it for you.
I followed your advice and changed .epub to .zip and opened the file in WinRAR. I made the additions and saved with no problem. After changing back to .epub, the file ran fine and the new data was there.

Thanks
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote