Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Choices of cover for your reader

Being the proud owner of a shiny new PRS-300, I am wondering what might be other users preferred cover option.

I have a soft pouch but that offers really no protection other than being a dust cover and screen protector.

So I was considering a Case Logic zipcase for trips out of the house with possibly the use of the Sony leather cover for within the home. I am not keen on covers with corner diagonal straps, so the Sony cover looks a clean and good bet.

So what do veteran Sony owners use?
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
suzy
suzy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony psp 300
I gave this a lot of thought too and finally settled on the M-Edge Latitude with the light that goes with it. What I like is that it zips all the way around so when I put it in my purse or bag, no crumbs or whatnot get on it. It also seems quite protective. At first I bought the Sony leather cover with built in light, but didn't like the fact that it's exposed on the sides, so I returned it.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
sandeepp
sandeepp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I gave this a lot of thought too and finally settled on the M-Edge Latitude with the light that goes with it. What I like is that it zips all the way around so when I put it in my purse or bag, no crumbs or whatnot get on it. It also seems quite protective. At first I bought the Sony leather cover with built in light, but didn't like the fact that it's exposed on the sides, so I returned it.
What is the source of energy for the light? does it use energy from the reader's battery or is it powered separately (separate battery may be!?) I am also looking to get a good case for outside use.
sandeepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I just received my M-Edge Latitude and light in the mail today. I like the case. I'm still trying to like the light. When you swivel it up, it separates from the support. Also, the support slides into a slot on the back of the cover and it only goes in one way--with the light sticking out towards the seam of the cover (where you fold it back while using). Therefore, it's impossible to swivel the light up when you have the cover open. I guess I'm just going to have to slide it in between my Sony Reader and the cover and just stick it in the pocket when I'm not using it.

Maybe I'll go back to the web site and look at the pictures again.

The source of energy for the light is one AAA battery by the way.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I have the Latitude and the light from M-Edge as well. I like the case except for the lint from the fleece lining but I don't really like the light. I did at first but I don't find it bright enough to light all the way to the bottom of the screen and my light unclips when I swivel it too. I just snapped it back it so that was easy to overcome but I really don't find it bright enough.

I ended up buying the Mighty Bright Travel Flex light. I found it at my local Chapters store here in Canada. I looked for them at Borders in the States but didn't find them there. They have Xtraflex but I found it too big and bulky for my tastes. I really like the Travel Flex and it fits inside the front zip pouch of the Latitude case.

It sometimes gives off a glare spot but I find I can angle it to make it go away. It runs on 1 - AAA battery that it comes with.

My other issue with the M-Edge light and the Latitude case is placement. I don't like having the light at the outside back of the case. It's the brightness issue for me and the fact that I can't fold the front of the case to the back to make it comfortable to hold while reading. Instead, I fold the front part of the case to the back and slip the light under the reader itself. It's not where it's supposed to go but it's how I got it to work until I bought the TravelFlex light. I much prefer the TravelFlex to the M-Edge light.

http://www.mightybright.com/Book_Lig...uctDetail.html
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
jagfan
jagfan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I use the CaseLogic. It is very durable and I like being able to fold the front of the case to the back.
jagfan is offline   Reply With Quote