Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
Voyager Did Have the best story, that series had alot of heart. Now its cliche, but I cry every time i watch the finale.

this the book your talking about bob? http://www.amazon.com/Tales-From-the...ref=kinw_dp_ke

any other books you can suggest me? I prefer Voy or DS9, but i like them all.
No. That is a collection of short stories and has a few good ones. I was talking about Fire Ship..

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Ship-Star...6346600&sr=8-1

Doesn't show as a kindle book. But might be found in ebook elsewhere.

I rather enjoyed the Star Trek: Invasion series. It starts with TOS, then TNG then DS9 then Voyager. Each book is a complete story it and of itself. But, you really should read them in genre order. These 4 books are writen by some of the better writers. The TOS one by my favorite Diane Carey.

The Section 31 books are good to. Once again cross generation.

Finally the Gateway series. Again, cross generation.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #17
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No. That is a collection of short stories and has a few good ones. I was talking about Fire Ship..

I rather enjoyed the Star Trek: Invasion series. It starts with TOS, then TNG then DS9 then Voyager. Each book is a complete story it and of itself. But, you really should read them in genre order. These 4 books are writen by some of the better writers. The TOS one by my favorite Diane Carey.

BOb
thats why it does good to ask! thanks bob for the suggestions. i dont have a kindle. when i googled thats what poped up though . I always wanted more info on Section 31, that might be where i start.

thanks again.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #18
kougei
kougei began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I've read every single book, up until 2 years ago, when work took over my life.

I've used all the Fictionwise offers to fill up my Sony 505 with around 50-odd titles that I'd missed.

It's worth saying that the current titles are overall far better than the majority of the earlier titles. The great draw to the newer titles are the very good continuations from the end of the televised series.

Recommendations are in order of preference :-

DS9 - Every book set after the end of the series
New Frontiers - An acquired taste but always a fun read
TNG - Start with a Time To...series and the current novels set after Nemesis, starting with Death In Winter
TOS - Rihansuu series and the Errand Trilogies are standouts

To get a feel for the books and series available and synopsis, I find this the best resource

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Pocket_Books

Last edited by kougei; 03-08-2009 at 11:58 AM.
kougei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #19
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Thanks guys, now I know what to do with all those Fictionwise credits I purchased along with my subscription to pay for itself. I have about $40 to spend.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #20
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is Fictionwise. The way they have things organized when you select Star Trek is an absolute mess with no order to things.

The best way to find out the newer Star Trek eBooks is to search by title witht he term Star Trek. Then sort by FW Release Date(recent first) You will see the newer eBooks at the top of the list. They are there. Just don't use the Star trek link on the left. They really need to redo it badly. It's just going to lose sales if you use it.
Im interested in this fiction story. So anyone have found the books through this?
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #21
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
I loved the Invasion series.

I've read a couple of the New Frontier stories too and enjoyed them.

I honestly don't know how I missed the fact that Trek books were out there but I was already past the "formulaic sci-fi books" genre when I first became aware of them so I never really botherd with them except the above.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote