Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #91
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Today no. Sometime in the next week, maybe

You could set a fixed font size in the ePub. Is that what you are doing for the Sony? I don't see a "small" option anywhere in the conversion options. Or is this a Sony driver option?
I think jackie_w explained it better then I can. On the Look and Feel tab, I set "base font size" and "Font size key" and leave "Disable font size rescaling" unchecked.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #92
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am a little tired of all the wasted screen space due to the paragraph preserving or whatever it is. I just was reading a book where there was one screen that had a single line of text on it! I don't want to fiddle with the code of my books. Can this be fixed please so that the text occupies the whole screen?

I also want to be able to pinch and zoom on pictures like I could with the Kindle. As for the highlighting, I have gotten used to it (not using the sliders was a great tip!) but it could still be smoother and faster. Fix, please!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #93
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfuente View Post
I want my Kobo to maka a cafe Latte and a cheesetoast at 7:30 in the morning
What about a soft Icecream feature as well?
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #94
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please increase the font size on the dictionary definition window.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #95
Elfuente
Enthusiast
Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Elfuente turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: kobo glo
Exclamation pinch and zoom on pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I also want to be able to pinch and zoom on pictures
+1
It´s really crucial!!!!!!!
Elfuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #96
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
+1
gotta agree with you here.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #97
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
I just got a Glo for my birthday!
So far I love it. Faster than the Touch; the light is beautiful; the text is sharper.

There are just a few things I'd like to see:
1) Lower minimum light level
2) Progress bar (with chapter marks) in the bottom bar (I keep wanting to know how far I am from the end of the chapter)
3) Swipe down to enter text selection mode (I used this all the time)
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #98
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Please increase the font size on the dictionary definition window.

Yeah, that would be nice
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #99
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
gotta agree with you here.
+ millions!!!

Heck - it shouldn't matter what's on the screen one should be able to pinch and zoom!!!! Grrrrrrr ........
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #100
zavidos
zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
How can be possible to pinch on an image without multitouch capacitive screen?
zavidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #101
zavidos
zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!zavidos , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I would like landscape mode also for epub
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #102
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zavidos View Post
You'll need to imagine .....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #103
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavidos View Post
Don't some of the other IR screens have pinch to zoom (the Sony T2 and T1)?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #104
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I can confirm that the Sony PRST1 has pinch-to-zoom.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #105
zavidos

Quote:
That's new for me, thx

Tags
feature, firmware, glo, request