Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
raczyk
raczyk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Four Squares Appear at the End of the Title

Hi Folks, great forum and software. I'm still learning the nuts and bolts. When I'm in the cover view the title of the book if followed by four squares. Anyone seen this, or know how to get rid of them?

Cheers,
raczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->look & feel and change your interface font to one that has the star symbol. Usually verdana, arial, helvetica, candara or something like that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
raczyk

Hi kovidgoyal, thank you for your help. I've tried to adjust the look and feel font, though I did not see one with a star (*). Tried Ariel and Verdana, but the squares are still present in the cover view. Picture below illustrates the squares.

Cheers,
Old 02-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strange, I get stars on my system with either araila or verdana. I'm not sure what else to suggest, as I'm not very familiar with how fonts are resolved on windows, sorry.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
raczyk

Thanks for your help, kovidgoyal. The squares do only appear following metadata download.
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
raczyk

Just realized the squares are ratings for the book.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
raczyk

Squares are now stares with the latest version of 0.8.43
Old 03-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's because calibre now includes its own font to render the stars.