Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
devseev
Edge User

VNC viewer (use your PC from the eDGe!)

I just downloaded and installed the latest VNC client for android from:
http://code.google.com/p/android-vnc...downloads/list

Since I have not set up a server, I can't confirm full functionality yet, but it does appear to install and run full-screen. Make sure to have the LCD in landscape mode when you start it up, otherwise you may get a blank screen.

Obviously, having an external keyboard helps a lot too!

Would be great if someone else could test it out. Having the ability to access a PC (and run whatever apps you can run on that PC) would be absolutely HUGE!

Old 04-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
devseev
Edge User

Okay, I have now tested this myself - and it works beautifully, especially with external keyboard. Connected to home PC desktop, can launch applications on it using eDGe touchscreen, etc. I was even able to launch Citrix on my home pc and connect to my office remote desktop in this indirect way. Haven't explored all the functionality yet, but looks to be like another terrific app. I can't see using VNC on a regular android phone, but with the large LCD of the eDGe it's great.

Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #3
ckole
Edge User

I didn't even think of trying this. I did this with my Nook and it is pretty cool. I will have to give it a try. Great for screenshots for my web site. Thanks for posting.

Oops I was thinking the other way around. This is a method to connect to other devices from the eDGe vs other computer connecting TO the eDGe. Still I got it to work. Any ideas if you can go the other way so you can see the eDGe screen on your PC?

Last edited by ckole; 04-11-2010 at 08:33 PM.