Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Magazines and Newspapers

I really like the B&N magazine (and newspaper) subscriptions for the Nook Color... but I'm kind of a control freak, and I want to be able to keep the files on my local computer and even load them to other readers and tablets if I want. I'm not comfortable with them being ONLY accessible by the Nook Color stock software.

Does ANYONE know how to pull these files and use them elsewhere?

1. B&N doesn't let you download them directly (unlike the books there) to your local computer.

2. I've tried moving the ePub files from the Nook Color to my local computer, but they behave very differently than what I'm used to - they seem to have completely different DRM than the B&N books, and Calibre can't opening them (claims "not a zip file").

If anyone knows a secret or a trick to backing-up-and-using-elsewhere, I'd love to hear it.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Can't remember where I saw it, but I'm sure I saw a notice from Barnes and Noble about magazine functionality coming to their PC application soon.
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert