Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
TomChiverton
TomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Making wish list public

Has anyone done any work on extracting wish list data either from a Kobo directly (it's just an SQL lite DB) or (better) via whatever service the desktop client calls ?
Ideally, I'd like to be able to give a URL to people that was my wish list so they could gift them, rather than generically asking for gift vouchers.
TomChiverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I haven't looked at the wish list much before. A little look gave me the following query:

Code:
SELECT *
FROM content
WHERE Accessibility = -1
and IsDownloaded  = 'false'
But, it isn't much help as I was expecting. The "ContentURL" for the purchased books and recommendations contains a URL for the book. But, neither of the books I have in my wish list have a URL. You can get the title and author from the "Title" and "Attribution" columns.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
TomChiverton
TomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to beholdTomChiverton is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I haven't looked at the wish list much before. A little look gave me the following query:

Code:
SELECT *
FROM content
WHERE Accessibility = -1
and IsDownloaded  = 'false'
But, it isn't much help as I was expecting. The "ContentURL" for the purchased books and recommendations contains a URL for the book. But, neither of the books I have in my wish list have a URL. You can get the title and author from the "Title" and "Attribution" columns.
That would work - I can have a script pull the author and title and make a HTML page or whatever, and link to the Kobo search page with the URL preloaded.

*Except* attribution (i.e. author) seems to be empty...
TomChiverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, I don't know what is happening. I don't have any book rows in the content table that don't have an attribution. But, I probably should have had the condition "AND BookID IS NULL". It shouldn't make a difference, but it is slightly more correct.

But, when I looked at the above query, I couldn't work out why I gave you that one. The Wishlist in the current firmware is handled as a shelf. I think the following is a better query:

Code:
SELECT *
FROM ShelfContent s JOIN content c USING(ContentId)
WHERE ShelfName = "Wishlist"
AND _IsDeleted = 'false'
When I checked this by adding a couple of items to the wishlist on my Glo, I found that the ContentURL was set for these books. The previous items have been on my wishlist for a while, so maybe there has been a change in how they are handled.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote