Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
GerryAttrick
GerryAttrick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3.
Question Book list on Kindle shows with different name in Calibre

I recently bought an eBook from Amazon which has loaded fine on my Kindle and I can read it as normal.

However when I connect the Kindle to my PC and view the items on the device the book shows as "Createspace Word templates" The author is the same as that for the book downloaded.The size in Calibre is only.1Mb which does seem quite low

When I click on the book in Calibre to open it I get the DRM message telling me that the book is locked by DRM and I cannot open it.

I have tried Google and searching for help but can't work out why this has happened or how I can fix it.
GerryAttrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
ellett
Connoisseur
ellett began at the beginning.

Device: Android
The only way on a PC to open a book you purchased on Amazon is to install the Kindle for PC reading software. Amazon doesn't allow its books out of the Kindle ecosystem.
ellett is offline   Reply With Quote