Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
search for series number

Is there any way to search for series number in search pane
I would like to find all first books in all series for example.
I have tried series_index:"=1", series_index:false and various other things to no avail
Thanks
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Not at the moment. It is a good idea, but the implementation isn't straight forward. Create an enhancement ticket, and I will look at it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Chaley
Sorry to take so long on this but I have been mulling it over.
What I would like to do is be able to do would be to have all the nth books in xx series and then have those books put in a collection with a user defined name? Not asking much am I.

I know I can do this with tags but I like having all those tags although I am going to get rid of a bunch one day.
I could probably come close to doing it with custom columns and sql but haven't totally thought it out yet.
Are their any plans to have custom columns part of the catalog and .opf output?
I know this is difficult as every one has their own custom columns but sure would be nice,
Thank you and kovidgoyal everyone else for the time and trouble that has already been gone to
Regards
Helen
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have added series_index. The change should be in the next release. Adding indicies for custom series columns may take a bit longer.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard

wow that will be handier than the way I was doing it
Thanks
Helen
Advert