Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
galaxy tab losing internet connection

Have samsung galaxy tab, 7". Upgraded the firmware to gingerbread recently 2.3. Since then it keeps dropping my internet connection, don't think it is a problem with router as sony phone does not drop nor does laptop. Any suggestions? Did see an app you can download from google play which is to help keep your wifi but not sure if it is good.
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Gingerbread may be the problem. I had my Wi-Fi range cut in half on my Galaxy S so went back to 2.2.1 all is well again.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
My 10.1 runs on Honeycomb and I have no problems. Can you not upgrade to Honeycomb instead of Gingerbread?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Not with a Samsung firmware as they have said that they wouldn't be offering ICS (or Honeycomb) for the original Tab.

So you need a custom Rom, and not everyone wants to or is capable of doing this.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will wifi fixer from google play work?
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by slainte View Post
Have samsung galaxy tab, 7". Upgraded the firmware to gingerbread recently 2.3. Since then it keeps dropping my internet connection, don't think it is a problem with router as sony phone does not drop nor does laptop. Any suggestions? Did see an app you can download from google play which is to help keep your wifi but not sure if it is good.
It is a hard lesson to learn and even more so to always follow but this comes from my days long ago as a tec when I walked around cleaning my teeth with silver solder wires (no pb or cu) and had wrenches strapped to my body like Mad Max.

Never buy the first model!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #7
slainte
Zealot

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
LiquidGear
Zealot
LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LiquidGear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
try this:

connect to wifi then go to wifi settings
click menu button the choose advanced
check the "static IP"

if that will not work.. try to change the last number of your IP Address (ex from 1 to 2) and check the "static IP" address again...

this MIGHT work for you BUT you will need to UNCHECK the static IP address each time you are going to use different wifi connection coz it might not work to other's connection..

try it and i'd be glad to hear if it works for you... good luck!
LiquidGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #9
doonasmith
doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Factory reset your device.
doonasmith is offline   Reply With Quote