Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #31
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoeri View Post
I think this is only true, if you import it by yourself (e.g. from a vacation)
If you order something online, the limit is about 40 EURO (incl. shipping)
You are right, of course. That's what I meant - importing personally. I didn't read the original post careful enough Sorry!

Klaus
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:04 AM   #32
Alilas
Text Transformer
Alilas began at the beginning.

Device: ivory PB360 and Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
I was wondering if there are any users that ordered from the US site for delivery to EU? The price is definitely better ($239 vs €239) although shipping is a killer (UPS = $92, USPS = $45). In the end, with USPS the price comes out at $285/€189, which is €60 less than the price via the German site (incl. shipping, VAT, etc.).
So it seems they keep the number but change the currency...
OH MY...how I wish they'd did that with me!!! then I could pay only seven bucks for a PB

I'm not in EU, but in my case...
Destination: Thailand (12 days, were the custom guys played with my PB!?!)
Shipping cost: $16 by USPS (but $100 by UPS, need to choose???)
Custom: FREE...(someone talked about accurate price declaration)

All thanks to Yar...
Alilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #33
xor
xor began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Seems that http://shop.pocketbookreader.com refuses to ship to Germany: "Cannot ship to: Germany, Israel, Latvia". Maybe they want to protect the German reseller?
xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:01 AM   #34
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by xor View Post
Seems that http://shop.pocketbookreader.com refuses to ship to Germany: "Cannot ship to: Germany, Israel, Latvia". Maybe they want to protect the German reseller?
Of course! They have a licensed reseller in Germany that wants his territory protected. I would, personally, advice you to buy your PocketBook in Germany if you are living in Germany. Here's two reasons why:
  • Those PocketBooks are localized and featuring some nice german eBooks.
  • You have it delivered for free and 3 whopping years of warranty!

Granted, the price is really high compared to the States, but the 1:1 prize tag seems still quite common nowadays! A little adjustment of the European prizes would seem like a good idea!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #35
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Of course! They have a licensed reseller in Germany that wants his territory protected. I would, personally, advice you to buy your PocketBook in Germany if you are living in Germany. Here's two reasons why:
  • Those PocketBooks are localized and featuring some nice german eBooks.
  • You have it delivered for free and 3 whopping years of warranty!

Granted, the price is really high compared to the States, but the 1:1 prize tag seems still quite common nowadays! A little adjustment of the European prizes would seem like a good idea!
I think I will buy from Germany anyway, just for ease of delivery and warranty (3 years is nice!). Pity the delivery to NL is a whopping €12!!

I vote for a Xmas promo of free EU delivery - how about it you guys at my-ebook-reader.de ??

And it is very cheeky to price the item at $239 in the US and €239 in Europe! Mind you, ordering from Ukraine they quoted $329, and ordering from the US if I didn't manage to slip through customs would bring the price up to around €239, but still it seems like the Euro distrbutor could make a token effort.

The Cool-ER site attempted to do some kind of price balancing, with the prices being $249 / €225 / £189 depending on your region. Not exactly price parity, but better than 1€:1$

I think the Euro model could reasonably go for 210-220? Mind you, the Euro model includes the AC adapter, which I believe is an accessory for the US version - but is it really worth €50?

Anyway, these are endless debates on price parity for stuff like this, and it aint likely to change...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #36
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
And it is very cheeky to price the item at $239 in the US and €239 in Europe! Mind you, ordering from Ukraine they quoted $329, and ordering from the US if I didn't manage to slip through customs would bring the price up to around €239, but still it seems like the Euro distrbutor could make a token effort.

Anyway, these are endless debates on price parity for stuff like this, and it aint likely to change...
Truth to the matter is that I priced the PB360, having no idea, how much it cost in EU, I was looking at the US market, not at prices overseas...

Regarding your idea or ordering from US to Germany - well, you just can't do it, PocketBookReader.com website won't allow you to do so
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #37
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Regarding your idea or ordering from US to Germany - well, you just can't do it, PocketBookReader.com website won't allow you to do so
Gotta love those geographical restrictions. And the ways around them - like mail forwarding
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #38
PGoeri
PGoeri began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
I vote for a Xmas promo of free EU delivery - how about it you guys at my-ebook-reader.de ??
signed
PGoeri is offline   Reply With Quote