Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
I think 1,000 words is a bit tricky...
Yes, 1,000 words is very tight. Especially for what I like to write, which is mysteries. It's hard to quietly direct the reader's attention away from things in just a thousand words. Everything tends to stick out.

You really can't suddenly say "Look! A bunny!" and slip in an important clue while their attention is elsewhere.

Edit: Although it would be fun and funny to write something just that way, wouldn't it?

Last edited by pendragginp; 11-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #17
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Took you long enough... was starting to wonder if you cared anymore
I assumed you were being sotirical.

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Cleanly!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I assumed you were being sotirical.

I think VydorScope was just trying to make sure we were awake.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #20
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
BUMP!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #21
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just FYI this released yesterday. I would link it here but pretty sure Dr. Drib would drop the moderator hammer on my poor little head if I did! You can search it up as "Something for the Journey" on Amazon....

I bought a copy, and wondering did any of you get in? I will jump and read your stories tonight if you tell me which ones. Mine, "The Faceless Ones" is in there.

Anyways - they will be looking more stories for the third and final one some time in January. Same rules/etc - so you can start now.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #22
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh Wow! Sotires! Sotires!

Hmmm, I had a bit of trouble finding it....thought maybe it wasn't no the U.S. site so went to the U.K. site...and yes it is on both sites. I'm not in it, did not submit but here's the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Something-Jour...or+the+Journey

Last edited by kennyc; 12-22-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
VydorScope
Wizard

OH - I can only endorse my story in the collection because I have not read them all yet, but really my story is worth the full price, and 100% of the proceeds go to a children's hospital so really, the rest of the stories do not matter - just order it!
Old 12-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #24
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
OH - I can only endorse my story in the collection because I have not read them all yet, but really my story is worth the full price, and 100% of the proceeds go to a children's hospital so really, the rest of the stories do not matter - just order it!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:17 AM   #25
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Also available at Smashwords. Search on the same name.

I came up with what I still consider a good idea, but life interfered big time these last few weeks. Anyway, maybe I can get my act together in time for the third act.

I liked the first volume -- I'll probably pick this one up as well. After the holidays and the kids go back to their respective schools I'll need a break!

Last edited by cromag; 12-23-2013 at 02:21 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
VydorScope
Wizard

I purchased the second one - and plan to read it - but not the first one yet.