Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Problem converting an Ebook

Hi folks,

I have the latext version of caliber (6.16) and I am having a problem converting an .lit ebook to .epub. The book is Exiles at the well of souls by Jack Chalker. Published by Baen. When I run it through caliber to convert, I get the following error:

ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Convert book 1 of 1 (Exiles at the Well of Souls)

Convert book 1 of 1 (Exiles at the Well of Souls)
InputFormatPlugin: LIT Input running on C:\Users\Dave\Documents\My Ebooks\Jack L. Chalker\Exiles at the Well of Souls (10)\Exiles at the Well of Souls - Jack L. Chalker.lit
Parsing all content...
LZX decompression error; skipping chunk
Failed to parse content in Chalker%2c%20Jack%20L.%20-%20Well%20Of%20Souls%2002%20-%20Exiles%20At%20The%20Well%20Of%20Souls.htm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\reader.pyo", line 158, in _manifest_prune_invalid
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.pyo", line 1000, in fget
File "calibre\ebooks\lit\reader.pyo", line 867, in read
File "calibre\ebooks\lit\reader.pyo", line 133, in __init__
File "calibre\ebooks\lit\reader.pyo", line 238, in binary_to_text
File "calibre\ebooks\lit\reader.pyo", line 176, in binary_to_text
File "calibre\ebooks\lit\reader.pyo", line 90, in read_utf8_char
LitError: Invalid UTF8 character: '\xa0'

Spine item 'Chalker,_Jack_L._-_Well_Of_Souls_02_-_Exiles_At_The_Well_Of_Souls' not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "worker.py", line 103, in <module>
File "worker.py", line 90, in main
File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.pyo", line 19, in gui_convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.pyo", line 717, in run
File "calibre\customize\conversion.pyo", line 208, in __call__
File "calibre\ebooks\lit\input.pyo", line 22, in convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.pyo", line 846, in create_oebbook
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\reader.pyo", line 72, in __call__
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\reader.pyo", line 589, in _all_from_opf
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\reader.pyo", line 289, in _spine_from_opf
calibre.ebooks.oeb.base.OEBError: Spine is empty

I have no clue as to what the program is telling me. Can someone please enlighten me, and if there is a way to successfully convert the book, please tell me.

Thanks.
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing you could do is go back to Webscriptions and redownload in ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing you could do is go back to Webscriptions and redownload in ePub.
That is true. However, I thought the caliber folks might want to see this in case it is a software problem, or if it is a problem that may come up on another book that may not have that option so the owner of the book may find a way to convert the book to a format supported on a different reader.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open a ticket and attach the lit file. However, since the developer that write the LIT input plugin is no longer active, I doubt anything will happen on it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Open a ticket and attach the lit file. However, since the developer that write the LIT input plugin is no longer active, I doubt anything will happen on it.
Ticket Added