Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
kevy
kevy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
iPhone Kindle app in Australia

I'll start by saying I'm new here so if this has been asked and answered before I am sorry. I have been using my Kindle for a while and love it, it really is the evolution of reading but without a backlight it does make reading at night, while tucked up nice and warm in bed, a little difficult. I could get a clip on light, but that would spoil the look and feel of the Kindle for me.

I though to my self "hold on! I've heard there's an iPhone Kindle app, I'll download and install that!" but when I went to the iTunes app store the cupboard was bare! It seems that the iPhone app is not available in Australia

I have no idea why the app isn't available in Australia as the actual, physical, Kindle is now here. Does anyone know why either Amazon or Apple don't make the app available to us downunder? And is it ever going to be made available here?

Kevin
kevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's only available in the US, AFAIK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevy View Post
I have no idea why the app isn't available in Australia
sounds like a question for Amazon customer service.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You can register a US account with a fake address to download free apps that aren't available in Australia. Just change your location to United States, click "Get App" on any free application and register a new account selecting "None" for the payment method.

The Kindle app itself doesn't care if your Amazon account location isn't set to US.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Its actually the phone that it picks up is not American from your Itunes account. Same happened for me. As far as solving the reading light problem you could look into a M-edge cover where they have a light that fits neatly in the cover www.buymedge.com. They deliver to Australia but with a huge shipping cost of over $30 US but I think its worth it to have a nice neat "package". You could also try and get some other Aussie's together and do a bulk order.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #6
kevy
kevy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks everyone for the info. I like the M-edge cover!
kevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
I just got my Kindle 2i two days ago and I ordered one of the M-Edge Prodigy covers (Jade Green Leather) with the e-Luminator2 Booklight today. I am looking forward to getting it.
I also ordered a Gelaskins protective skin (Enamored Owl). I kind of thought "Harry Potter" when I saw the skin and just loved the owl. Hopefully it looks so good when I get it.
In the mean-time, I feel like I have to be extra careful with my Kindle until all of it's armor arrives.
BTW, I am also waiting for the Kindle app to be available in the Australian iTunes store.
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Well, according to the Promos is it now available today but the itunes store doesnt seem to realise it. I created a US account just for the kindle app and it works fine. And it even syncs with my normal itunes account where all my iphone uploads are.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:09 AM   #9
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
it is now available in aus store
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #10
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
it is now available in aus store
About time! Thanks for letting us know sianon.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Yep, updated it again today.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, australia, iphone, kindle