Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #7996
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #7997
Provenzano
Banned
Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Provenzano ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650
Provenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #7998
lostmymarbles
Hunger Games Survivor
lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lostmymarbles has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kindle
I Wanna Dance With Somebody - These Kids Wear Crowns.
Good song too.
lostmymarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #7999
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #8000
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The sound of my own voice... But Greek songs await me... Opa!
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #8001
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgonseyes View Post
The sound of my own voice... But Greek songs await me... Opa!
You remind me that it is almost time for the Greek Festival here in New Orleans.

http://www.greekfestnola.com/

I love this "songe" that *may* have actually been the last song played on the Titanic.

Some Van the Man for your Thursday listening pleasure.

covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #8002
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
You remind me that it is almost time for the Greek Festival here in New Orleans.
Oh wow! I want to come (for the food!) Even though I live in Cyprus (which is technically Greek)We have great food
Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #8003
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh wow! I want to come (for the food!) Even though I live in Cyprus (which is technically Greek)We have great food
You sure do. I'm Irish, German, and Creole French by heritage but I was a honeymoon baby so my parents, er, "brought me back" from Mykonos. They didn't go to Cyprus but I know that is a historic island.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #8004
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Chicha Libre at Navy Pier Chicago, Beer Garden

obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #8005
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #8006
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
You sure do. I'm Irish, German, and Creole French by heritage but I was a honeymoon baby so my parents, er, "brought me back" from Mykonos. They didn't go to Cyprus but I know that is a historic island.
Wow, it must be awesome to have different ancestries! Imagine following the family history to their origin? Its like you belong to each of their "Home towns"

I really want to do a Genealogy DNA test; because as you have pointed out, Cyprus is an island with a very rich history. So many cultures and civilizations have settled here over the years... (wiki:Hittites, Mycenaean Greece, Assyrians, Egyptians, Persians, Alexander the Great, Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Rashidun and Umayyad Arab caliphates, the Latin kings Lusignans, Venetians, and Ottomans.) English, French etc lol

I know...
Old 05-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #8007
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Wow, it must be awesome to have different ancestries! Imagine following the family history to their origin? Its like you belong to each of their "Home towns"

I really want to do a Genealogy DNA test; because as you have pointed out, Cyprus is an island with a very rich history. So many cultures and civilizations have settled here over the years... (wiki:Hittites, Mycenaean Greece, Assyrians, Egyptians, Persians, Alexander the Great, Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Rashidun and Umayyad Arab caliphates, the Latin kings Lusignans, Venetians, and Ottomans.) English, French etc lol

I know...

I agree. All of my grandparents AND great grand parents came from the same town. I'd love to have had relatives somewhere else, and more variety in my family tree! My mother's family is originally from Montenegro, and my maiden name is actually likely originally either Montenegrin or from the Dubrovnik region, but they emigrated north along the coast literally hundreds of years ago.

I'm also listening to The Cure.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #8008
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Sometimes you just want something that matches your mood.
And generation.

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #8009
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post

I agree. All of my grandparents AND great grand parents came from the same town. I'd love to have had relatives somewhere else, and more variety in my family tree! My mother's family is originally from Montenegro, and my maiden name is actually likely originally either Montenegrin or from the Dubrovnik region, but they emigrated north along the coast literally hundreds of years ago.

I'm also listening to The Cure.
I love that song. My family has been in New Orleans for a couple hundred years but people have come here from all over. Here is a song about it...

Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #8010
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur

Listening to Catherine Tate telling us how she "Aint bovvered"

I love that woman... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)