Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Valwit
Enthusiast
Valwit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Inkpad3Pro
Can't login to the online store :(

i have this issue since i changed to win 7 x64: i can't login to the sotre at all. every time i try the "reader library" software crashes on fsk.dll. i can use the library as i want - works fine, as soon as i type in my email and password it starts to load the page and then crashes. i tried to reinstall several times, also with deleting the kinoma directories as meantioned in a different thread, no help. anyone else with the same problem?
Valwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Valwit
Enthusiast

problem solved. i reseted the password for both (!) sony and adobe, set both to the same one, installed the software in xp mode - logged in - it worked.

then in 7: uninstalled, deleted all sony folders, deleted all kinoma folders (used the windows search to get them, with hidden an system files enabled). rebooted, reinstalled and it worked.

Last edited by Valwit; 04-03-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Iʻm glad you got it fixed and it works now! I had no ideas
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #4
Valwit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Iʻm glad you got it fixed and it works now! I had no ideas
yeah. seems the software it self is not well coded as errors on the server side result in a crash. i was looking for a solution for weeks, so i hope the next unlucky person finds this thread