Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #22021
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Nor is there a real reason for women to do it IMHO. Skin-placed kisses taste best when not spiced by some strange chemicals
While this is true, would you rather be kissing sandpaper? Because that's what you'd get with me if I don't use lotion!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #22022
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
We've discovered Suave Advanced Therapy Body Lotion - not greasy, no smell, no taste (according to the cats) - and it works! When it's this cold, the skin on my face becomes "lizard scale" in texture - I slather this lotion on 2-3 times a day - and no more "scales".
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #22023
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
We've discovered Suave Advanced Therapy Body Lotion - not greasy, no smell, no taste (according to the cats) - and it works! When it's this cold, the skin on my face becomes "lizard scale" in texture - I slather this lotion on 2-3 times a day - and no more "scales".
Scaley chicken... and not just the legs...
The scientists have been saying all along that there was a direct decendancy from lizard amphibian to chicken. This must be conclusive proof!

I can't even begin to imagine putting something like that on my face. I had enough trouble with Aqua Velva!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #22024
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
oh yeah, she's had several. it never bothered him before. we had the rest of that night being weird, the next morning was ok, then a few growls the next night. everything seems to be back to normal now. the day it started I heard them playing in one of the rooms that has things stored in it, they knocked some stuff over and I heard a growl. didn't think much of it at the time but now I kind of wonder if maybe she didn't knock something onto him and he was mad at her?
Hmmm .... A friend of mine has Abyssinian sibs - boy & girl - been together all their lives. Every now and then, the girl cat will suddenly act as if the boy cat is a total stranger menacing her - and will relentlessly growl & hiss at him. Lasts a couple of hours ... then everything's fine again. We could never figure out what the trigger was ....

Maybe it's a feline complex!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #22025
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Nor is there a real reason for women to do it IMHO. Skin-placed kisses taste best when not spiced by some strange chemicals
I've been told numerous times that my skin is wonderful and why am I putting on"xyz3° product? I've always used a lot of lotions or moisturizers (relatively few other beauty products), and I gotta tell ya' and trying not to be too arrogant about it, I really really don't look my age. I was carded until just a few years ago, and typically that is a "if you look under thirty five" policy. When I WAS thirty five I was wiring the American shook in Frankfurt, I was discovered standing on a ladder in the hallway during passing period and sent to the principals office

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hmmm .... A friend of mine has Abyssinian sibs - boy & girl - been together all their lives. Every now and then, the girl cat will suddenly act as if the boy cat is a total stranger menacing her - and will relentlessly growl & hiss at him. Lasts a couple of hours ... then everything's fine again. We could never figure out what the trigger was ....

Maybe it's a feline complex!
Well I think this is coming up on year three this spring, and this is certainly a first! Weis cat games!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #22026
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
While this is true, would you rather be kissing sandpaper? Because that's what you'd get with me if I don't use lotion!
I think you got what I meant: while nothing's wrong with protection of sensitive skin - fortunately a problem I don't have - all this "smells like this or that" (because of the correlation of smell and taste) can be a showstopper, esp. when, what was meant as a subtle enrichment of body scent turns into a multi-layered olfactory armor. (can happen easily if multiple products for different skin regions are required)
the sandpaper question: assumed I admire what's deeper - yes anytime without hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I've been told numerous times that my skin is wonderful and why am I putting on"xyz3° product? I've always used a lot of lotions or moisturizers (relatively few other beauty products), and I gotta tell ya' and trying not to be too arrogant about it, I really really don't look my age. I was carded until just a few years ago, and typically that is a "if you look under thirty five" policy. When I WAS thirty five I was wiring the American shook in Frankfurt, I was discovered standing on a ladder in the hallway during passing period and sent to the principals office
nice I hope you enjoy the difference in judgement. I'm sometimes estimated up to 10 y younger (presumably because I never didn't mind going out a lot) was sometimes funny, sometimes annoying when I was 20 something...
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #22027
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Damnit! They're at it again.

Have you noticed how much BIGGER the cardboard roll on which your toilet paper comes has gotten!!!!!

I don't care if it's double/triple roll packs when it's all empty air!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #22028
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Have you noticed how much BIGGER the cardboard roll on which your toilet paper comes has gotten!!!!!

We need comparison photos and statistical analysis please.

Do you think we're just going to take your word for it on such an important issue?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #22029
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:

Do you use the term "gouging" there? Sort of make you cringe when you think of toilet paper gouging.

Interesting trivia. In 1970 after cyclone Tracey devastated Darwin, many supplies ran out. Toilet paper was one of them.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #22030
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post

Do you think we're just going to take your word for it on such an important issue?
Either that or just stick it where the sun don't shine!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #22031
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Either that or just stick it where the sun don't shine!
Antarctica??
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #22032
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Actually right now I think the sun is up all the time in Antarctica. I think you should try the Arctic.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #22033
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I hereby demand that your request be - if fulfilled - done so via PM As I certainly don't feel any need to see kenny analising his toilet paper.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #22034
kennyc

Quote:
I hereby demand that your request be - if fulfilled - done so via PM As I certainly don't feel any need to see kenny analising his toilet paper.

Fat Chance!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #22035
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Do you use the term "gouging" there? Sort of make you cringe when you think of toilet paper gouging.

Interesting trivia. In 1970 after cyclone Tracey devastated Darwin, many supplies ran out. Toilet paper was one of them.
It happens here every time there's a longshoreman's strike!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness