Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Celebrating my 10,000th download! 50% off.

Today I had my 10,000th download of Sentence of Marriage at Smashwords. To celebrate, I'm offering 50% off the next two books in the series. Sentence of Marriage is free.

To purchase these books:
Sentence of Marriage - FREE.
Mud and Gold - $0.99 with coupon code ZW92D.
Settling the Account - $0.99 with coupon code GX63A.

These coupons are valid till 19 May.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
Today I had my 10,000th download of Sentence of Marriage at Smashwords. To celebrate, I'm offering 50% off the next two books in the series. Sentence of Marriage is free.

To purchase these books:

Wahoo! That's awesome, Shayne!

I have a long way to go to reach that milestone.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 03:58 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations!!!

I picked up your free book one and the other two books in the "Promises to Keep" Trilogy for my mom a while back. I just added them to my cart (for me, now). Thank you.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Wahoo! That's awesome, Shayne!

I have a long way to go to reach that milestone.
Thanks, Vicki! I never thought I'd get there
Old 05-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Congratulations!!!

I picked up your free book one and the other two books in the "Promises to Keep" Trilogy for my mom a while back. I just added them to my cart (for me, now). Thank you.
Hey, thanks so much! I really appreciate the support.
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Congratulations!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
redhead231
Enthusiast
redhead231 doesn't litterredhead231 doesn't litter

Device: PRS 505
I had already downloaded Sentence of Marriage but have just purchased the others in the series Shayne as the reviews are so good. Looking forward to reading them.
Especially interesting as my sister lives in NZ.
redhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Congratulations!
Thank you! I'm sure the wonderful review on Ebook Alchemy helped
Old 05-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead231 View Post
I had already downloaded Sentence of Marriage but have just purchased the others in the series Shayne as the reviews are so good. Looking forward to reading them.
Especially interesting as my sister lives in NZ.
Thanks so much! And lovely to know you have a link to New Zealand.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:

To purchase these books:

Shayne, I wish you had posted this offer 2 days ago. I finished Sentence of Marriage then and yesterday morning I bought Mud and Gold and Settling the Account as well as A Second Chance. Usually this type of story doesn't appeal to me, but I find them very well written and interesting. In fact, I've already told my wife that as soon as I finish reading them I'm giving her my Sony so she can read them. (I'm nearly done with Mud and Gold.)

I want to reach out and kill Charlie myself and if I could ship Susannah back to her parents, I would. And FWIW, Frank reminds me of me.

Excellent books, excellent story, very well written. These are 5 star books. Also, FWIW, I never would have read the first book, Sentence of Marriage, if you hadn't offered it for free, so at least in my case, it paid.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Shayne, I wish you had posted this offer 2 days ago. I finished Sentence of Marriage then and yesterday morning I bought Mud and Gold and Settling the Account as well as A Second Chance. Usually this type of story doesn't appeal to me, but I find them very well written and interesting. In fact, I've already told my wife that as soon as I finish reading them I'm giving her my Sony so she can read them. (I'm nearly done with Mud and Gold.)

I want to reach out and kill Charlie myself and if I could ship Susannah back to her parents, I would. And FWIW, Frank reminds me of me.

Excellent books, excellent story, very well written. These are 5 star books. Also, FWIW, I never would have read the first book, Sentence of Marriage, if you hadn't offered it for free, so at least in my case, it paid.
Oh dear! I wish I could do something with a time machine, and make it work retrospectively!

Thank you so, so much for your wonderfully kind words. I specially loved reading your reactions to the characters. And I'm awfully fond of Frank, so anyone who sees himself in Frank is automatically high in my estimation

And thank you for the validation on making Sentence of Marriage free. I'd hoped that was the case; it's great to get specific confirmation.

You'll meet a Richard in Settling the Account, by the way

I do hope your wife enjoys the books, especially since you recommended them to her!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 AM   #12
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Congratulations, Shayne... That's fantastic!

I've read them all, and eagerly waiting for your next publication...

Quote:

To purchase these books:

lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #13
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Congratulations, Shayne... That's fantastic!

I've read them all, and eagerly waiting for your next publication...
Thank you!

It's coming along... slowly
Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh dear! I wish I could do something with a time machine, and make it work retrospectively!
. . . .
I do hope your wife enjoys the books, especially since you recommended them to her!
Believe me, $1.99 per volume is well worth it. Once I read The Sentence of Marriage, I would have bought the next books even at $5.99 each. I'm 10 pages from the end of Mud and Gold. I wanted to finish it last night, but just couldn't.

I have to tell you, however, that I really dislike Malcolm. He and his father are truly reprehensible characters. I like Amy's two brothers and was surprised by John's choice of sister to marry.

My wife will love these books.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding

I finished reading the trilogy and started the sequel (hope to finish it tonight), A Second Chance. I have really enjoyed these books (and will probably review them at my blog), but, Shayne, I was a little disappointed in Settling the Account and am a little disappointed in A Second Chance. The disappointment is the attempt to wrap everything up so neatly and even have the cycle repeat itself. The writing remains excellent and the story interesting, but it became predictable. For example, it was clear within 2 pages of the introduction of Sarah who she was and when Amy left to visit Sarah, it was obvious what was going to happen. I think it would have been better to have omitted the sequel entirely and avoided introducing Sarah.

Having said that, let me reiterate that I am enjoying all of the books, including the sequel. My comment is not a reflection on the quality of the work, just the predictability, and I would still highly recommend these books (and I look forward to reading the next in the series).