Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #31
phalla12
phalla12 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
any one know how to find the app for NOKIA 6688 which use S60?
Thanks to help me out.
phalla12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalla12 View Post
any one know how to find the app for NOKIA 6688 which use S60?
Thanks to help me out.
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...vice=SymbianOs

There's one Mobipocket Reader application for all the Symbian versions. I don't think there's a Kindle application for Symbian.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #33
quocsan
Enthusiast
quocsan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dear pdurrant,
Since our last discussion about changing eBooks' title, I have finally coded in VC++ a program (less than 50 Kb) that can help us change title in UNICODE.
It bases on skindle-06 (part of tools_v1.9.zip concerning your work).
Now I want to change/add other data such as Author, but I don't know PERL language.
How can I do that with eBook with/without EXTH data?
Could you please give some help?

Thank you in advance.
quocsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by quocsan View Post
Dear pdurrant,
Since our last discussion about changing eBooks' title, I have finally coded in VC++ a program (less than 50 Kb) that can help us change title in UNICODE.
Now I want to change/add other data such as Author, but I don't know PERL language.

Thank you in advance.
Basing it on Skindle is a bad idea as Skindle has bugs that can cause corruption. Base it on something that actually is bug free. If you keep it based on Skindle, nobody will want to risk using it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #35
quocsan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Basing it on Skindle is a bad idea as Skindle has bugs that can cause corruption. Base it on something that actually is bug free. If you keep it based on Skindle, nobody will want to risk using it.
Oh, I only base on pieces of code that help parsing PALMDOC / MOBI header. Nothing else.
You can try it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eBookTitle.zip (20.1 KB, 752 views)
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 04:23 AM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Dear pdurrant,

Thank you in advance.
tools_v1.9.zip isn't mine, nor is skindle.

If you want to write something that changes more of the metadata, you need to know what metadata is stored where and in what formats. Some of that info is in the wiki, https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MOBI and some you'll have to work out yourself, since if it isn't in the wiki, I don't know about it.

If you create a C/C++ based program, I'd recommend releasing it with full source. Perhaps are understandably reluctant to run strange code on their machines.

Personally, I'd rather see Python scripts, since they can usually run on Windows/Mac/Linux, and are inherently source code.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #37
quocsan
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply, pdurrant.
I mentioned you because I found in file skindle-06\ReadMe the paragraph:
Quote:
The DarkReverser - thanks for mobidedrm! The last part of this
is just a C port of mobidedrm.
For changing metadata, I'll try.
When everything is stable, I'll post full source code.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:41 AM   #38
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Thank you for your reply, pdurrant.
I mentioned you because I found in file skindle-06\ReadMe the paragraph:

For changing metadata, I'll try.
When everything is stable, I'll post full source code.
I'm not the Dark Reverser, either!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #39
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm not the Dark Reverser, either!

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #40
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Of course, the danger in giving explicit denials is that people might start asking lots of questions about who else I might be on-line.

I think in the future I'd best stick to "No comment".

For example, if I was asked whether GeoffC was my sock-puppet, I'll now have to reply "No Comment".
Old 09-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #41
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Shock horror ! (I'm not?)

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #42
quocsan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Of course, the danger in giving explicit denials is that people might start asking lots of questions about who else I might be on-line.

I think in the future I'd best stick to "No comment".

For example, if I was asked whether GeoffC was my sock-puppet, I'll now have to reply "No Comment".
Sorry for my post, which causes something confusing.
What I really meant is that in the C source code, they mentioned mobi*.py and I thought they made reference to your work.
I did not mean who you are.
I think they also use knowledge of MOBI structure from this forum.

I am Vietnamese and I have studied English on my own. And of course, my English has not been good enough to express what I think.

I join this forum in the hope of learning from gentle people here.
That's why I sometimes post my stupid questions.

Anyhow, thank you for your attention and your attitude.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #43
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Anyhow, thank you for your attention and your attitude.
Do not worry! And please continue to ask questions!

I have done some work on the MobiDeDRM scripts, and I do know a fair amount about the Mobipocket file format through that.

But do check the wiki. And if you find anything there unclear or confusing, do ask. Then we can make it better.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #44
quocsan
Enthusiast

Thank you pdurrant,
I will take your advice.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #45
becky330
becky330 began at the beginning.

I am new to this and am trying to understand how to use the mobiunpack python script. I used calibre to convert a book I created from .epub to .mobi. I have installed Python on my Mac and when I run the mobiunpack.py then add my .mobi file in the terminal window, it says "permission denied". Why is it doing this since it is my file? How do I actually use the script???
becky330 is offline   Reply With Quote