Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Damn and double-blast! Try Vimeo guys, I'm not sure if they have the same liitations at Youtube.
triple blast !!!

is there any way to cut the video into shorter parts ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I noticed..I'm working on it
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #18
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Step away for a day and details of my next device emerge. Can't wait to listen to the interview and hopefully they go with a darker casing. I think it looks much better in black than white. A nice dark charcoal would be ideal from my perspective.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #19
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think it can be rotated so the buttons can be used by either hand.
That would be a must.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #20
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

It has an accelerometer to take care of rotation...
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #21
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Video is now online.

It is on the mobileread server for now, but I hope somebody will be able to put it on youtube soon so that our servers don't get too much traffic...
Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I'm kind of iffy on the design. I like the idea of buttons on both sides to page turn..does this one have touch screen?
Just turn the device around. It senses up and automatically fixes the buttons, or will when it is done. I do not believe it is a touch screen. There is an article in the wiki on it. Txtr Reader
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #23
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Uploaded to Youtube

Pt1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-gRRV8Bbwo (LIVE!)

Pt2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzggMMvC1MY (LIVE!)

Last edited by Moejoe; 03-13-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
very interesting interview, thank you ! this device really sounds like it has great possibilities, particularly with the open developpement and the sdk provided from the start. i can't wait to see it when it comes out. wizpac seems to have a really good philosophy, too bad more companies don't think like they do.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #25
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had set my mind to not to buy a ereader until I can get a 9.7 inch device but I will probobly buy this one also! It is so nice looking and fast!
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:48 PM   #26
DG25
Enthusiast
DG25 began at the beginning.

Device: none
It looks nice in black, i'm glad they're making one.
Informative interview, but i still didn't found out how will they manage the copyrighted material on their site; if anyone can upload books, people will inevitably upload copyrighted books...
Also, i'm a bit concerned about the interface. It's clear they don't want a blotware interface, with everything but the kitchen sink, but i have a feeling that it will be too sparse in options. They didn't say anything about a dictionary support, for example. From what i understand, they put their faith in the SDK and fan-made support.
DG25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #27
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Good interview and exciting new reader.

Thank you CommanderROR for the post and to moejoe for the upload.

I like that it is going to be a dedicated reader first but open to adding other functions. This way, it can be customized to fit our varying needs. Simple reader for some and more complex and diverse for others.

Epub yeah! I can use my current .epubs on it. I want one The sim card option sounds good but the current German pbook prices are ebook prices is not for them..

The dark color is best of course
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #28
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

without a doubt that was the best tech related interview I have ever watched. The person answering was honest and direct. There was not any hedging around the questions like we see and hear in the US all the time. Here they never actually answer not just the question but any question.

Thanks a LOT for doing that and making it available for everyone!

Very interesting device. The whole search issue is somewhat a concern when I finally decide on a device but perhaps that will be addressed by that time.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:03 AM   #29
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
It sounded so interesting until I viewed the videos... so much talking and so many ifs and buts... I want to see the device at work, and is it my imagination or is the guy being interviewed smirking all the time?
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #30
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbone View Post
It sounded so interesting until I viewed the videos... so much talking and so many ifs and buts... I want to see the device at work, and is it my imagination or is the guy being interviewed smirking all the time?
channeling your inner Harry?

So funny you and I perceived the interview 180-degrees out...too funny.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote