Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #1
robot
Edge User

Docs-to-Go scrolling

I tried to read an big DOC file using Docs-to-Go. And found out that 'cos of my problems with touchscreen I can't scrolling using my finger (allways scroll too match, or too less), also using jogball scroll only line by line and it's too slow
Is there other way to display next page or to scroll page?

Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
VenturingSoul
Edge User

One thing I have learned to do is to scroll slowly. To do this, I use the back of my fingernail (or the stylus) to apply a firm touch to the screen. It must be a firm and steady touch, do not touch and release. After touching like this, I will see a visual indication that the touch has been registered, normally by a slight move of the screen. Then I can scroll slowly to where I want to go.
I am also starting to learn to scroll with the normal "flip" motion, and then immediately after the page starts to move I "tap" the screen again. This stops the scrolling. I am getting to the place where I can usually manage to scroll about one page at a time using this method.
A bit of practice will hopefully help you be able to gain more control.

Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
robot
Edge User

Hmm, thats exactly what I tried. It's ok when you have 1-20 pages. When I tried this with 500 pages book -- it was a nightmare. It was impossible to scroll needed amount of the pages.
And scroll ball -- only can scroll by one line. It's too long when you need to get 27th page for example.

I need short-keys or onscreen keyboard with next-prev keys.
Is there support site for docs-to-go or I need to contact eDGe support with this problem?