Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
Pollarixie
Pollarixie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Transferring Comic books to the Nook Color:

I've been using Calibre to convert my PDF's to ePub so that I can view 'em fully in color. I have no issues with the conversion, but once they're on the Nook, As soon as I turn to the first page from the cover it zooms in and the comic is left hanging awkwardly.

Anyone else run into this?
Pollarixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
nook1220
nook1220 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Transferring Comic Books to the Nook Color

Pollarixie --

Yes, I've run into that -- and I quickly abandoned using ePub as a result. The only reason I did the original ePub conversions was to get my comic book covers to actually show up on the homepage and on my shelves. But the trade off was losing pinch to zoom functionality, and that awkward hanging you mentioned in your post. Yeah, forget that.

But I do have a question for you -- if your comics are already in PDF form, why would you need to convert them to any other format? Nook Color reads comic book PDFs perfectly! You can pinch to zoom, swipe to turn pages, slide panels around with your finger, AND -- turn the NC sideways (landscape mode) to make long horizontal panels even bigger than they are in the actual comics. Why mess with any other format?

And for those reading this for the first time, wondering how you get .cbr and .cbz comic book files into PDF form, here's what you do: there's a wonderful FREE app out there called "Jomic." Use your laptop or desktop to batch drop any number of .cbr or .cbz files into Jomic, and set the output to convert them to PDFs. Conversion takes only seconds. Sideload those PDFs into the NC and you are good to go. I've got 500+ comics on my NC, and they take up only a fraction of the 8MB mini SD card.

Even more amazingly, when I'm done reading comics, I can open an .mp4 of Iron Man 2 and play it wide screen 848 x 368 sharp and smooth on the Nook Color.

This is an "e-reader??" It's so much more than that.
nook1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Pollarixie

Well. Initially I couldn't get my Spawn PDFs to work. I thought for some reason that Color PDFs weren't compatible with the Nook Color. But this is obviously not the case. I've had my Haunt comics on here since day 2. But still... the Spawn PDFs I have will not display. I tried all of them. None work. lol. I even tried a different set.. still nothing. They display as white pages. I can view them on my Mac. Just not on the NC. Any suggestions? lol.

I've been using Jomic for a while btw. Good app.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Have you tried to convert from pdf to pdf? I know it sounds weird, but it works with some of my epubs (epub to epub).

I have just loaded my cbrs into Calibre and converted to pdf. That way all my NC stuff is in one place for organizing.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
Pollarixie

Worth a shot. I prefer to manually organize everything. Oh the wonders of folders.
Advert