Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
lglake
Enthusiast
lglake began at the beginning.

Device: sony650 + 701 IQ + Dell Streak 7
Changing the Boot Screen on a 701 IQ

Hi everyone.
I have a question about changing the default boot screen from the Pocketbook default of the library and Bookland blurb to the app list.
I'm happy with my IQ as a reader, trying Moon and Cool books out to see which fits the best. I've only used the wi-fi for about a half hour, it's ok.
I would like a link to a good scientific calculator, or how to load a .7z or regular .zip file(ie. calc.7z).
Sorry for a lot of question.
Gene
lglake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If you go to:
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android
..and so a search for calculators you shoud find something to like.
I settled on RealCalc but there are plenty to choose from.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
lglake
Enthusiast

Thanks for the calculator tip.
It's now a moot point, the day after I posted my 701 died, it refused to boot or reset with fully charged battery.
I sent back to PB service center last Monday and am waiting to get a new one.
I still would like to know how to change the home page out for the page that shows the app's icons.
Gene
Old 01-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by lglake View Post
I still would like to know how to change the home page out for the page that shows the app's icons.
Gene
If you mean the home page it is easy; just install the launcher app of your choice and make it the default. I'm currently using OpenHome2, others seem to prefer LauncherPro. There are others.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
lglake
Enthusiast

Thanks fjtorres, when my 701 gets here I'll install Launcherpro and tewak the setting to suit.
Gene
Advert