Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
bluemje123
bluemje123 began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
bebook one bookmarks

hi i have a bebook one and recently loaded the latest firmware. since then i have had trouble with bookmarks.
the top 1-5 buttons do not seem to work and only button six works. I can then check this by viewing bookmarks
when i power off and on the bookmarks have been lost.
i changed to the tirwal firmware and still seem to have the same problem.
bluemje123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
What format?
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
basshead
basshead began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
If you're using Coolreader in the Tirwal firmware, the bookmarking process is:

1. Press '7' to open the 'Set bookmark' menu.
2. Press a number to select a bookmark slot. (I usually just keep saving to slot 1)

Hope that helps.
basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
bluemje123

my ebook formats are epub and mobi. it happens with both.

Im not sure about the Coolreader. I loaded tirwal 2.9 updated the firmware and just turn it on and read. is there a different way to view the books using Tirwal ?

i know ive loaded 2.9 correctly as I had lost all mobi format ebooks when i upgraded to the latest firmware from the mybebook website and they came back when i loaded the Tirwal firmware
Old 01-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
basshead
basshead began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
By default, EPUB opens with FBReader in Tirwal. If you are happy with that engine, just press '6' to create a bookmark.

IMHO, the Coolreader engine is much more flexible. To get EPUBs to open in Coolreader, I just rename the file by adding an ".fb2" file extension which forces the firmware to treat it as a FictionBook 2 file (my favourite file format). With the book open in Coolreader, just follow my previous post re bookmarking. You will also have greater choice in adjusting font type & size, displaying time, accurate page numbering etc.

As for MOBI files, according to Tirwal's posts here (you need Google Translate if, like me, you don't speak Spanish) the firmware uses the original Jinke viewer for DRM MOBI. I always convert the few MOBI files I get to .fb2 format, using Calibre &/or FictionBook Designer software, so I'm sorry but I have no knowledge re bookmarking MOBI files.

Hope there's something useful for you here.

BTW Tirwal's firmware is up to version 3.1, available from the link above in paragraph 3.

Last edited by basshead; 01-22-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Additional info
basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
bluemje123

ive renamed a book to .fb2 and received "open file error" when i tried to open. do i need to install anything else with the Tirwal firmware to be able to use CoolReader ?

Ive loaded the latest Tirwal release