Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Edy
Enthusiast
Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, new iPad,
syncing issues amongst devices

Hi,

I recently bought a Kindle Fire from an auction site and I registered the device to my amazon account.

But I noticed it does not sync tp the furtherst page read or bookmarks amongst my other Kindle devices.

I thought to deregister the Fire from my account and register again, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea.

All my other devices sync fine to each other, only the Fire doesn't sync.

How can I fix it?

Thanks,
Edy
Edy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Are you sure you have wireless enabled on the Fire? Syncing across devices doesn't work otherwise.

Also, it's unlikely that de-registering and re-registering will make any difference. In any case, you can check that the device is correctly registered by going to the Manage My Kindle page on the Amazon site. You should see the Fire listed along with all your other devices.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Edy
Enthusiast
Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I can browse the web with my Fire. The Fire is also listed in my account.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

How are you loading the books to the Fire? Whispersync download from Amazon? Sideload? Are the books official Amazon books or are they modified books? Does the fire sync any information for any book, or is it not syncing anything for any book including Amazon books you DL through Whispersync?

Sorry for all the questions but these help us see what the problem might be. You might consider doing a reset/restart of the Fire. Sometimes that helps clear out certain issues. To reset hold down the power button for 20 seconds. After the Fire shuts down you might need to press the power button again to restart it.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Edy
Enthusiast

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I reset my Fire and I believe it's better now. I need to watch it the next days.

I buy all my books from Amazon and I use Whispersync to load them.

Thanks,
Edy