Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
cloudyweather
cloudyweather began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Just bought a Proporta leather cover

I've just bought a Proporta leather cover for my Sony PRS-600 and I wondered if it was normal to have a bit of play at the top/bottom of the hinge. I reckon there is about 1.5mm-2mm of movement and the luggs which go into the reader holes are not that long.

Has anybody experienced their reader falling out?
Am I worrying about nothing?

Many thanks,
Sean
cloudyweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyweather View Post
I've just bought a Proporta leather cover for my Sony PRS-600 and I wondered if it was normal to have a bit of play at the top/bottom of the hinge. I reckon there is about 1.5mm-2mm of movement and the luggs which go into the reader holes are not that long.

Has anybody experienced their reader falling out?
Am I worrying about nothing?

Many thanks,
Sean
I don't have that "play", fits perfectly.
Still, I don't use mine:
- It was a wrong delivery, the pic on the website did show the standard Sony cover. I want to have the "same" cover for all my Sony readers.
- There's a little "flag" on the right side with the logo. I hate that. It crumbles and looks "cheap".
Else the cover would be great, very robust with a rigid front "shield" for protecting the screen.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've got that cover and I'd say that I have about 1mm of play (maybe slightly more) in the lugs in the hinge.

I've not had any issues with the reader unclipping itself from the case, and I've had the case since October last year. I don't think you have anything to worry about with it. The only times it has unclipped is when I've intentionally removed it from the cover, there was no way it was coming loose on it's own.

As to the little red tag in the top corner of the back cover, it's nothing a sharp knife can't get rid of.

Personally, I think the Proporta leather cover is very stylish and goes perfectly with my black PRS-600.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote