Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What Superhuman Power Would You Like (Multiple Choice)
Flight 20 36.36%
Invisibility 23 41.82%
X-Ray Vision 12 21.82%
Animal Power (Spiderman, commune with animals etc) 8 14.55%
Strength 15 27.27%
Speed 13 23.64%
Telepathy 25 45.45%
Elemental Control (Weather, Metals etc) 11 20.00%
Metamorphosis (Change into other people) 15 27.27%
Elasticity 8 14.55%
The ability to leap forum threads in a single bound!! 12 21.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Which Superhero(ine) Power Would You Most Like to Have

I've just noticed that the new Wolverine movie has been leaked on the net about a month before it hits the cinemas, and it got me to wondering about superpowers. What superpower would you most like to have?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
'X Ray vision' - is the degree of penetration variable?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
'X Ray vision' - is the degree of penetration variable?
I'm not going to answer that one for fear of incriminating myself and also being 'too' male.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I picked every option (even the power of "the blue one next to the fish", which I assume is there for the clicking on but can only be seen with x-ray vision). Basically, I'm incredibly greedy and I wouldn't be happy with anything less than ultimate godhood of everything. I'm still deciding whether to use my powers of smiting with my mighty sceptre for good or evil, or just boredom.

I'm thinking I might be more superantihero than superhero.

Cheers,
The God, and not that confusing fella in all those religious books you lot fight about, but, you know, the big high mucky-muck that barfed up the multiverse and that has a super-secret plan, a taste for seemingly arbitrary smiting, a delight in bringing about the absurd, and a sidekick called Adrian who probably shouldn't be driving the Holy Hovercar and especially shouldn't be throwing faeces at people from it as it's bad for publicity.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
Moejoe
Banned

Damn, I knew I missed a couple out. I wish I had the power to go back in time and insert "Bearded and Omnipresent" And double damn, I didn't put in Time Travel either.
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #6
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What, no teleportation?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
What, no teleportation?
Damn and double blast! There's going to be hundreds I've missed, I just know it.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I'd like the ability to convert badly-scanned PDFs into perfectly accurate html in the twinkling of an eye, please.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I'd like the ability to convert badly-scanned PDFs into perfectly accurate html in the twinkling of an eye, please.
I too would also love this ability. Oh, and while I'm dreaming, Angelina Jolie too, thanks.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I want to be a Secret Agent Man:
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #11
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Seems like many of us are already have the metamorphosis thing mastered.

Have you noticed all the shape shifting going on lately?

Just take a look a pshrynk and VR. (Really cute though.)
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I wanted X-Ray vision and telepathy. Because, well, I'm a guy...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I wanted X-Ray vision and telepathy. Because, well, I'm a guy...
Of course. After all, _she_ assumes you have them both anyway.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
That list of "superpowers" is totally useless. I don't see on it anywhere "I wanna be able to get myself up in the morning on time" or "I'd like the ability to clean out the garage when I say I'm gonna" or even "I'd like to lose a few pounds". Now those would be superhuman powers.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Superpower of... going to bed at a reasonable hour !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote