Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Connectivity Issues

This is on foot of the Guardian 24 thread.

It would appear that when using 3rd party applications my iLiad despite getting an IP address assigned to its wired or wireless interface if not making it out to the internet.

From monitoring router logs, if I make an IDS connection I can see the iLiad connection out (and can download files - shell access) however if I try the run-guardian script, I can not see any traffic reaching the router despite wget looking like it is getting data (up to 24%), but can ping devices on the LAN. if I try iNewsStand similar happens although I appear to log in to feedbooks and download of books can get 80% before stalling, I can see connection attempts in the router logs, and the partial downloaded books open.

Although I have yet to check logs for the wired connection, similar results apply.

While I initially thought it might be the internet connection. All other devices (laptops and s60 phones) work fine and taking into account that the iLiad doesn't even get as far as the router in some cases, it's looking more and more like an iLiad issue.

If any one would have any thoughts on what's going on it would be greatly appreciated.
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
cen
Connoisseur

Looks like the issues I am experiencing are down to the iLiad having problems writing to my CF card (Transceng 1Gb 80x). All programs run fine when run from internal storage.

Can anyone recommend a CF card that the iLiad can write to properly
Advert
Old 03-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
There is a known bug on the iLiad: Writing and reading files from CF is _very_ slow if you use the WiFi device at the same time (writing speed is ~1kb/s in this case). Looks like your issue has something to do with this.

I suggest to download the file to internal memory first (/tmp or something) and move it to the CF card afterwards.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:18 AM   #4
cen
Connoisseur

Thank you for clearing that up Thomas.