Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #226
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony CLIE TG50
For Mac install, where do I put Rar and KindleGen?

Thanks!
madmaxmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #227
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
For Mac install, where do I put Rar and KindleGen?

Thanks!
/usr/local/bin
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #228
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur
madmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enoughmadmaxmedia will become famous soon enough

Thanks- I got it working now!

I was going to try emailing a converted mobi to my kindle email (so I could sync my reading place on kindle and iPad), but unfortunately the converted mobi is too big for gmail attachment. ;-)

With default settings (high quality not selected), the comic looks great on my Paperwhite without needing to zoom in.

Thanks for this great tool!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #229
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You welcome.

Sending by email could break that MOBI anyway :-)
Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #230
madmaxmedia
Connoisseur

I figured it might from your warning on the first page- but I wanted to give it a shot. Well, now I know it wouldn't have worked anyway. ;-)

Is there some technical reason why these converted mobi's are broken with other methods of transfer, etc.? Just curious.
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #231
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Somebody read README? I'm shocked! :-D

Apparently MOBI send by Amazon e-mail service are touched by some converter that sometimes mess headers.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #232
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 3.2 is out!
  • Too big EPUB files are now splitted before conversion to MOBI
  • Added experimental parser of manga webtoons
  • Improved error handling
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #233
marceloindig
marceloindig began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm having some issues while trying to read Sandman on my Kindle Keyboard.

The aspect ratio of the comic is wider than 4:3, so it doesn't fit the Kindle screen. Altough the quality is impressively crisp (congrats for the team!), there are big white margins on the left and on the right... Which take a lot of space on the screen when I am trying to read on Panel View.

I understand that it is impossible for the comic to fit the screen without those, but is there a way to eliminate them when I enable the Panel View? I'm checking the Ultra Quality box. Thanks!
marceloindig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #234
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Please send me a PM with few sample pages and exact configuration you use.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-25-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #235
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. Checked it and currently I can only provide two solutions.

Enable Black borders. It don't fix that margins but looks better.
or
Use Stretch not Upscale. It will remove margins but obviously impact quality as image ratio will be little distorted. I tested it on Keyboard model - decrease of quality is not so high.

I will think about adding some code that will allow panel view to skip margins but it is not a simple matter and don't expect that soon.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #236
marceloindig
marceloindig began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Stretching works pretty well. It doesn't make that much difference. Thanks man

Just one more question: is it possible to program the Mobi in such a way that it doesn't trigger the full page display before going to Panel View? Like, when I go to the next page, it goes straight to Panel View instead showing 100% first?
marceloindig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #237
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Nope.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #238
morrisonian
morrisonian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Thanks for the hard work. First of all, I'd like to tell that my experience with KCC is awesome. It's a really great program to manage with the PNG images of my different mangas.

The problem is that I have a Windows 7 x64 and I can't find any unrar compatible with x64bit. The only one I found was 32bit. So I don't really know what to do because I want to convert my CBZ files which would be more easier for me.

Thanks for your help
morrisonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 AM   #239
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

You can use 32bit version.
Im not sure if 64bit version even exits.

EDIT:
If you really needed 64bit version of UnRAR.exe is inside 64bit installer of WinRAR 5.00 beta 8.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-27-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #240
morrisonian
morrisonian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I found the unrar you were saying. SInce I already had winrar installed, I managed to go into the Program Files of Windows 7. Inside it, I found the unrar. I created a new folder, I entitled it 'unrar' and put the unrar.exe inside it.

When I opened KCC, it still says that I need unrar.

Earlier, I tried to use my 32bit of unrar but it didn't work. I'm kind of frustrated because I've been trying hard to maje it work. Any ideas?
morrisonian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools