Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #61
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It should work fine. I too stay with same brand names. I've had no issues that way. Not a bad price either.

My hubby tried to borrow my Samsung Galaxy Player. I told him no way. The whole I bought it with my money didn't slide with me. It was a gift so he can't call dibs. Besides he is rough on devices and when I told him so. Well I guess I got put in the dog house. He wont talk to me.
We have this talk every time about him being rough on devices (or just plain losing them ). For cellphones, he normally sticks to inexpensive, plain Nokias so he can drop them a hundred times and they'll still work. Recently, he wanted me to get him, gasp, an iPhone! I was like, "are you, um, crazy?!" He was not amused (Plus, no way he's getting an iPhone before me, () and I'm not that keen on one.)
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #62
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Well darn, I had this whole long answer to your question about Clip+ vs Zip but my hubby turned off the power to the internet (long story) right before I could post it!
I totally agree with Blossom, Zip all the way!
S
Here is my reply, just in case you want to read it:
Spoiler:
I *think* the only real difference is the pretty factor of the Zip vs. the Clip+. The Zip is the newer model. It has a prettier screen that will show album art vs. just text on the C+. The buttons are bigger on the Zip, but I don't have a problem with the buttons on the C+. The battery is suppose to last the same, 15 hours, and I am pretty sure they play the same file formats. They should both be compatible with Audible(though I've never used) and library audio books(Overdrive)
If I were buying today I would buy a Zip. The screen is easier to read for my old eyes. The difference is price between the two isn't that big, especially with Black Friday deals coming up. Oh, and the clip on the Zip is suppose to be stronger than the clip on the C+. I've never had one of mine break, but I do hear about it from time to time.
For in depth reviews you can go to www.anythingbutipod.com and read up on all the different players. The Sansa, both Zip and Clip+ are highly recommended on there. Fair warning though, the included ear buds aren't the greatest! I don't think any mp3 player comes with good ear buds though.
They are both very nice little players. And I do mean little, they are the size of a match box! I don't think you could go wrong with either.
S
P.S. If there are any errors in what I have written someone please correct me!!!
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'll get a Clip Zip then (maybe two, because hubby will want to borrow mine too often, like he does my current Sansa player). I want to get a 32GB memory card also; will this one do?
Before you buy a card, check out the sales on them in the BF ads. I plan to set up a card category in the OP next week.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #64
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Before you buy a card, check out the sales on them in the BF ads. I plan to set up a card category in the OP next week.
Thank you! I need some micro sd cards this Christmas, and a solid state drive.
S
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #65
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Clip Zip also has a stopwatch and compatibility with non-DRM AAC files. The Clip+ doesn't.
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #66
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Well darn, I had this whole long answer to your question about Clip+ vs Zip but my hubby turned off the power to the internet (long story) right before I could post it!
I totally agree with Blossom, Zip all the way!
S
Here is my reply, just in case you want to read it:
Spoiler:
I *think* the only real difference is the pretty factor of the Zip vs. the Clip+. The Zip is the newer model. It has a prettier screen that will show album art vs. just text on the C+. The buttons are bigger on the Zip, but I don't have a problem with the buttons on the C+. The battery is suppose to last the same, 15 hours, and I am pretty sure they play the same file formats. They should both be compatible with Audible(though I've never used) and library audio books(Overdrive)
If I were buying today I would buy a Zip. The screen is easier to read for my old eyes. The difference is price between the two isn't that big, especially with Black Friday deals coming up. Oh, and the clip on the Zip is suppose to be stronger than the clip on the C+. I've never had one of mine break, but I do hear about it from time to time.
For in depth reviews you can go to www.anythingbutipod.com and read up on all the different players. The Sansa, both Zip and Clip+ are highly recommended on there. Fair warning though, the included ear buds aren't the greatest! I don't think any mp3 player comes with good ear buds though.
They are both very nice little players. And I do mean little, they are the size of a match box! I don't think you could go wrong with either.
S
P.S. If there are any errors in what I have written someone please correct me!!!
Thanks silverraven! I will check out the reviews. I like the idea of them being able to clip-on (I'm forever digging around in my bag for my current player ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks! I'm definitely keeping any eye on this thread
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #67
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Thank you! I need some micro sd cards this Christmas, and a solid state drive.
S
YW. For example, Toys'R'Us will have 16GB SanDisk mSD cards on sale for $5 each. I'm in the market for some 32GB cards.

I'll need to go through the ads and sort the cards by size and speed. I'm not looking forward to that, but it needs to be done.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #68
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Toys'R'Us will have 16GB SanDisk mSD cards on sale for $5 each.
Oh, I didn't see that one. A couple of 16's might be good for me.

I did see that the 32GB's will be on sale with the clip zip at Best Buy. Clip zip 4GB $28 and the 32GB micro card will be $18. But it shows the below. Is that the correct one to get?

Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF micro card.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	95915Click image for larger version

Name:	BF zip.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	95916
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #69
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Thanks! I'm definitely keeping any eye on this thread
YW. I also plan to set up a thread for the live online BF sales. It'll be similar to the threads I've setup for the Apple and Google events. That way, those participating can alert each other to deals as they pop up. Plus we can provide tips and support for anyone who runs into a glitch.

I hate fighting the crowds on BF and intend to do all of my BF shopping online.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #70
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Oh, I didn't see that one. A couple of 16's might be good for me.

I did see that the 32GB's will be on sale with the clip zip at Best Buy. Clip zip 4GB $28 and the 32GB micro card will be $18. But it shows the below. Is that the correct one to get?
It is. I also plan to include a primer on card speeds next week. That's one area that confuses a lot of people not familiar with the cards.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #71
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks. I hate to go out to the sales anymore and prefer to purchase on line.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #72
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Is it possible to order online that Nook-Black Friday deal, from Target or Sars?
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #73
silverraven
Guru

I don't know, but last year I ordered the nook from Best Buy on Black Friday. They had free shipping too.
S
Old 11-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #74
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Price is so tempting, I consider buying it as a second reader, but I will not be in USA at that day
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #75
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astmario View Post
Price is so tempting, I consider buying it as a second reader, but I will not be in USA at that day
If you're not an American with a US addres AND a US credit card you cannot buy from Best Buy online. Don't waste your time even trying. I believe Target works the same way.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote