Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
milly1219
milly1219 began at the beginning.

Device: acer iconia a100
acer iconia network issues

purchased an aceer iconia a100. when i insert my 32g sd card I cannot connect to the market or internet in any way , when I pull the card out it works fine. kinda stumped here ..any ideas ?
milly1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Is the sd card formatted the right way? I know that Asus Transformer Prime tablets prefer FAT32 formatted cards. I don't know if this can cause network issues.

Looking at this thread on XDA it seems to be a known problem, if formatting doesn't help I would contact Acer or exchange it for a new one.

Good luck!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I have a 32GB microSD card in my Acer Iconia A100 and I don't have any wifi problems. Is your SD card mounted (Settings > Storage > SD Card)?

ADDED LATER:
In the XDA thread linked by Rumpelteazer above, someone mentioned that his Netgear router was set to auto channel. He changed the router channel to 1 and the A100 was able to connect. I hope that helps you.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 03-03-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: added more information
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote