Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Chicago Public Transportation will call Amazon to get your kindle back to you!

I was talking to the lost and found guy at the Chicago train system, and he said his wife had a kindle, and so he knew how to turn it on and get the name, and would contain someone if a lost kindle was turned in. If it was out of battery, he said he called Amazon, gave them the SN, and they would contact you to tell you to retrieve your kindle.

I thought that was really nice and shows these really are becoming readily acceptable, and unfortunately, people are losing them! But if you do it in Chicago on the train, you will get it back. (Unfortunately, I did not yet, but I am still hopeful).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
With all the bad press lately about Chicago politics, it's nice to read a post about how great the people of Chicago really are. Thanks!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
that's nice to hear! still hoping for you and your to reunite (it was probably the Oberon cover that sealed the deal if it was "kept"). at leat you have 2 though! think how you would feel if it were an only device!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
I've got an even better system. Don't leave your belongings behind when you get off the train.
It works with everything, not just Kindles.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor View Post
I've got an even better system. Don't leave your belongings behind when you get off the train.
oh yeah, gee thanks, we hadn't sorted that one out on our own
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
And of course, you are perfect and never once ever forgot anything?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
that's nice to hear! still hoping for you and your to reunite (it was probably the Oberon cover that sealed the deal if it was "kept"). at leat you have 2 though! think how you would feel if it were an only device!
You said it! I loaded the books onto my daughter's yesterday - I guess I didn't have everything, because I only have 45 pages, and I know my kindle had 50 pages. Still, I will never read all the 45 pages, so I am not sweating it.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Let's not feed the Troll.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Oh I read the title and hoped you'd got your kindle back but sadly not yet

anyway I 'm still rooting for you! Keep us posted.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I try, oh, how I try...

I've never lost anything of value, but I can't count the amount of gloves I've lost... And mostly right-hand ones too... I've thrown away several left-hand gloves while I still went by public transport...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I try, oh, how I try...

I've never lost anything of value, but I can't count the amount of gloves I've lost... And mostly right-hand ones too... I've thrown away several left-hand gloves while I still went by public transport...
Check lost and found! I bet they have hundreds of single gloves!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Darn I got excited when I read the title too. Hope your kindle Is found soon.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Oh. that's great. hope it'll be found sooner than we expect.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I would tell you to look for any MobileRead members in the Chicago area as they would be the most likely culprits.

But the problem is one of would us have grabbed your Kindle, intending to make off with it but then we'd be curious about what books you've been reading. So, we settle down to have a look through your collection and, inevitably, see something you're reading that we're interested in.

Anyway, when you came back looking for your eBook reader, we'd still be sitting there reading away.

Last edited by MickeyC; 11-14-2009 at 09:57 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I would tell you to look for any MobileRead members in the Chicago area as they would be the most likely culprits.

But the problem is one of would us have grabbed your Kindle, intending to make off with it but then we'd be curious about what books you've been reading. So, we settle down to have a look through your collection and, inevitably, see something you're reading that we're interested in.

Anyway, when you came back looking for your eBook reader, we'd still be sitting there reading away.
Well, if you are interested in "The Sheik's Defiant Bride," go to it! Seriously, I am more embarassed than anything - I have a business card taped to the cover, and 600 Harlequin romances!!