Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Question Moon+ Reader - Delete background images

Hey all. I'm using Moon+ Reader on an Amazon Fire HD. I'd like to *delete* the stock background image files. Does anyone know where to locate these? Moon+ Reader's FAQ says sdcard/backgrounds but that folder doesn't appear to exist for me. I've also searched all hidden/visible folders in Books/MoonReader and can't find anything.

To be clear: I know you can set a Background Color rather than an image. I've done this and have saved it as a theme. For some reason though, it reverts back to the default Backround Image about every two days. I'd rather just delete those files to stop it from happening; I'll never want to use an image, so that's fine with me.

Thanks for the help.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:12 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I don't know the answer but if you find the images I'd be careful about deleting them. There's obviously something about the Fire that Moon+ isn't taking into account and if it doesn't find those images who knows what might happen.

If you find them an alternate solution might be to replace the one that it keeps reverting to with another image with a color of your choosing.

I had a couple of questions for the author of Moon+ about a year ago and I found his email address, either on his website or on Google Play, I forget which, and emailed him. He replied a day or two later with a detailed and helpful answer to my questions. You might give that a try.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:47 PM   #3
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Thanks for the heads up. I still haven't found the folder (or the one for Fonts), but I'll proceed with caution. I'd also be a little worried about it reverting to black when it can't find an image (rather than remaining in Color). If I ever find it, I'll definitely try out a matched-color background. I kind of wonder if the image quality will look off.

Thanks for the info and also the idea about emailing.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
formattiing, moon+ reader