Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-31-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
New apple device rumoured - ideal for ebooks(again)

Yes I know its been mentioned numerous times but this one looks interesting and would be great for reading ebooks, newspapers or comics etc

story on Engadget-Big ipod touch thing

I would really like a device like this as i could have my music on there, my ebooks and importantly for the first time on a realistic reading device my comics!
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
That is kinda cool. Still wouldn't use it for ebooks, my eyes would hurt.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The best part of that link was the "Most Twisted Photoshop" sub-link, actually.

But, if they have something that has the functionality of the Newton, with modern upgrades, I'd probably be interested. I wept the day my Newton finally died and there were no more batteries to be found anywhere.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The best part of that link was the "Most Twisted Photoshop" sub-link, actually.

But, if they have something that has the functionality of the Newton, with modern upgrades, I'd probably be interested. I wept the day my Newton finally died and there were no more batteries to be found anywhere.
Doesnt it take AA batteries? newton battery AA
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
Doesnt it take AA batteries? newton battery AA
There were other problems with it and the AA battery tray had been lost. E-Bay was not a source at the time...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote